Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: >>if i sell my boat to someone in cali...

FRENCHIE
    and i have it registered as a non -resident in AZ, do i need to get dmv bill of sale forms etc from AZ???? or is there somewhere online i can print them??? or ?????? anyone know thanx!!??

jbtrailerjim
    Arizona is a non-title state. Your title is your registration. There is a place to sign off on it. Then I would just type or write out some type of bill of sale for the person you are selling your boat to.

cdog
    If they buy it in CA they will have to pay sales tax. Talk to Jennifer over at SW and she will tell you who to call to get the paperwork for the sale in AZ.

Big Warlock
    If the boat is registered in Az. I would make the transaction and delivery in Az. Ca. is particular about paying taxes and stuff. Would be good for the buyer to get an Az. address for the sale.
    Rob

Outnumbered
    DMV does not handle the boat in AZ, only the trailer. If the new owner is taking the rig to CA to register it, they will use the CA DMV forms. No need to involve the AZ except just notify them (Game and Fish for boat and AZ MVD for trailer that you have sold it--release of liability).

FRENCHIE
    THANX...ANYONE ELSE GOT .02!!??

jbtrailerjim
    It's really not a big deal. My last boat was registered in Arizona as non-resident & trailer was registered in California. I signed off on both of them and made him out a bill of sale on my computer. I showed the boat sold $XXX and the trailer sold $XX. I put the both VIN#'s on the bill of sale. I also typed on the bill of sale "Sold As Is". The buyer and myself both signed it. I kept a copy for my records, I took his money, and sent him on his way. It's really simple. You don't need any special form from the DMV.
    Don't forget to send your release of liabilty to the DMV.

Kilrtoy
    Let me see If my car is registered in NEW YORK and I sell it in flordia to a new mexico Resident do i need to get the cali DMV paperwork.....
    I think you answered your own question.....

KLEPTOW
    No you need a St Thomas sales receipt and a Kayman Island bank deposit authorization.

FRENCHIE
    It's really not a big deal. My last boat was registered in Arizona as non-resident & trailer was registered in California. I signed off on both of them and made him out a bill of sale on my computer. I showed the boat sold $XXX and the trailer sold $XX. I put the both VIN#'s on the bill of sale. I also typed on the bill of sale "Sold As Is". The buyer and myself both signed it. I kept a copy for my records, I took his money, and sent him on his way. It's really simple. You don't need any special form from the DMV.
    Don't forget to send your release of liabilty to the DMV.
    THANX JB!!!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast