Thread: inlet plumbing

votech
    is their any advantage to plumbing the water into motor at bottom middle of block vs front ?? saw a couple of boats this way ,sure looked better. also i have -10 going in now theirs looked like -8. what would you call ideal press ,guage is mounted next to t stat on intake thanks!!

MudPumper
    No advantage on inlet, -10 is perfect going in, My pressure guage is mounted in the same spot as yours and I run about 22 psi @ WOT.

votech
    22psi seems high to me, ever have any problems? first time took boat out had probs with water in oil , took out yesterday after some repairs was alot better but now i'm scared of more water in oil. now press set about 12lbs ,just enough to open bassett t valve, but temp will climb too 160,165 wot runs this ok? seeems ok but this is first jet boat ,thanks

MudPumper
    You just want to keep it below 25psi and make sure you use quality gaskets. Alot og guys here run between 15 and 25 psi with no problems at all. Ive been running mine 2 seasons now without a hickup. You may have been getting water in the oil through the exhaust if it's not set up properly. Your temp sounds fine to me. I run about 140-150. Depends on how your motor likes it.

Huffer
    8 Feeding Both Sides Of Block,10 Going Out Pressure Runs About 9lbs Stab It Goes Up To 14lbs.

Mr.&Mrs.Budlight
    OK guys are we talking about a Ford motor? A BBC has 1/4 pipe plugs for block drain. Not enough for #8 or #10 water lines. Besides car and boat engines are designed to have water inlets on front of block so water flows by all cylinders going back, then up thru head and forward to front and up to thermostat housing. I would think front 4 cylinders would run hot. Has anybody checked block wear when rebuilding? or done compression test after running like this for awhile or blown a head gasket? Just my 02 cents :idea: Budlight

votech
    it was a chevy ,saw it at mpd ,could be wrong but it looked like-8. it was a real trick race boat set up . just thought it looked kool and would get rid of some of the hoses in the front of the motor

ME-678
    I have my water coming in at the
    drain plugs, which I retaped to 3/8.
    I have raced this boat in the 10 second
    class for eleven years and no problems.
    I use a 10 from the pump with a pop
    off then a valve, 2 no 8's to the block
    and 2 no 8's out,I regulate the temp
    with the inlet valve. Since this is a
    race only boat this may not work
    on a lake boat, you would want to
    keep a close eye on your water temp.