Thread: Chrome shop?

429CJ
    Okay, I know this is a boat forum, but the winter season is right around the corner. I need to find a good chrome shop to chrome my front axle tube on my sand rail. Does any one know of a good shop that is in southern California. Thanks !!!!

mister460
    Why would you want to chrome an axle on a sand rail? 'Rails were meant to be beat to hell, not look pretty! Just jokin' around with ya! Don't know of any particular shops but they're out there. Make sure that EVERY square millimeter of the axle can be polished or the chrome will be destined to forever flake. Good luck bud!

Havasu Hangin'
    I was referred to Santa Ana Plating (714)549-3323 and they didn't let me down. They had a bunch of Harley parts and rims in there, as well.
    http://www.goldenplasma.f2s.com/foru...es/happy25.gif

429CJ
    Thanks for the replies. I called Santa Ana Plating yesterday. They want me to send them a pic of the front end so they can see if they can chrome it. And as far as beating it up, that's why I want chrome, I'm getting tired of polishing aluminum........lol. Thanks

lostlake
    Hey there 429, You must be like me, already thinking about glamis, My first trip will be Oct 26th, They are having a pokerrun out there where do you park and what kind of toys do you have. Oh yea you asked about chroming, Hangin was right Santa Ana does some pretty good work, I had them do my 3 axle fenders and came out pretty good, I like MJB plating in Rialto a little better for quailty but a little pricey, They do mega sand rail stuff, In fact Jerry from Sand rails unlimted uses the exculisley, but you will get some good results with Santa Ana, Where do you hang out a the river?// C-ya LL

429CJ
    Hey Lostlake,
    Well I live at the river, I live in that little hole in the wall town called Blythe. As for Glamis, I just bought a new four seat rail, I sometimes just go to the dunes for the day or I'll stay over by the ranger station. It's only about a hour from here.
    As for chroming, I found a place in San Diego, Pacific Plating. I talked to the owner, Steve. He was very freindly and said they could chrome my front end. When I asked him if they could polish between the beams, he told me it would be no problem. Everywhere else I've called said they would have to see the front end, or they don't have the tools for that, or it's going to cost me BIG bucks. He told me it would come back with show quality chrome, and he stands behind his work for a year. So you from lostlake? been there many times, it's just up the road.

lostlake
    Hey 429, We have a trailer at LL been there for about 10 years, We Live in Elsinore, We Camp at cement flats at the ranger station, If you ever get up to LL for the sat nite racees stop by and i will buy you a beer. sp 323 on the channel... C-ya 429