Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Editorial Today: Fee's For The Channel

Not So Fast
    Today's News Herald; Article about charging a user fee to be in the channel. while the city council is not in favor of this, you have to be aware of the old saying "where there's smoke, there's fire" and there has been an awful lot of talk on the subject of whats going on in "The Channel". Whether you agree or disagree about behavoir there it is going to change because of the attention it's getting. There are a lot of people that do not like the situation and if things dont change for the better then you will see some sort of action before the end of this summer, just my opinion. NSF

NOTALENT
    wow..I would hate to see that happen..although we all know that eventually something like this would happen. I also heard that they were making even mentioning, creating a Home Owner Association. And that they would have all the rights as to where the tourists or vacationers would be limited to spots or use of the lake?? Probably B.S! just heard it from some locals. Dont see how they could do that.

Havasu_Dreamin
    Sort of like the fees to use the campsites onthe BLM land along the shore? I doubt it would change the problems they are trying to stop. Also, kinda screws all of the locals, who are problably not part of the problems they want to alleviate/eliminate. And who would enforce it? I know BLM has the guy on the Honda PWC that comes into Steamboat and walks the shoreline collecting fees.
    As far as a homeowners association type of deal, do I get to belong since I own a home there and pay property taxes?

Wicky
    Today's News Herald; Article about charging a user fee to be in the channel. while the city council is not in favor of this, you have to be aware of the old saying "where there's smoke, there's fire" and there has been an awful lot of talk on the subject of whats going on in "The Channel". Whether you agree or disagree about behavoir there it is going to change because of the attention it's getting. There are a lot of people that do not like the situation and if things dont change for the better then you will see some sort of action before the end of this summer, just my opinion. NSF
    There is a nation wide user fee in the works right now for all public land usage. This is so wrong. Vote Libertarian gentlemen. Less govt is the only direction we should all be taking.
    Yet more laws signed by Bush today.
    President Bush on Wednesday signed legislation aimed at helping parents keep their children from seeing sex scenes, violence and foul language in movie DVDs.
    I don't dislike Bush but, he signs just about everything put before him on his desk!!! I guess the Govt is now required to raise our children.
    I mean, come on. Congress is now involved in Baseball????wtf
    Two words. Laizae(sp?) Faire

moneypit
    Aint gonna happen. I already paid my fee. Its called taxes. Unless they want to privitize the channel or turn it into a national park. I will keep floating through.

moneypit
    There is a nation wide user fee in the works right now for all public land usage. This is so wrong. Vote Libertarian gentlemen. Less govt is the only direction we should all be taking.
    Yet more laws signed by Bush today.
    President Bush on Wednesday signed legislation aimed at helping parents keep their children from seeing sex scenes, violence and foul language in movie DVDs.
    I don't dislike Bush but, he signs just about everything put before him on his desk!!! I guess the Govt is now required to raise our children.
    I mean, come on. Congress is now involved in Baseball????wtf
    Two words. Laizae(sp?) Faire
    Political Rhetoric?

bigkatboat
    Going into the channel area is one of the reasons we moved here. It certainly was not for the high paying jobs! The 'mentality' of this city council and it's backers is to THROW CITY MONEY AT IT! They think that a $5.00 charge will "bring in money" and "drive out that 'certain element' of people" US! The channel is City property and that's why the city cops patrol it. (not part of the lake) If the charge does come to be law, those who are causing most of the problems may have a different attitude about the entire place. They may see "paying admission" as a 'ticket' to do WHATEVER THEY WANT, "'cause I paid to get in here". Over the years, the big theme parks have charged more and more for tickets, and it has NOT STOPPED the violence and damage. In stead of offering the city workers reasonable pay, the 'city fathers', OVERPAY the "chiefs" and underpay the "workers". Also, this city council likes to give BIG $$$ CASH PAYOUTS to "trouble makers" in city government, as long as they stay silent! We need more cops and more trash cans in the channel, not more STUPID laws and fees!

Rod-64
    I guess the CITY doesn't care that the STATE already charges me $100 for an annual pass.
    And let's not forget about lack of increments here.........it jumped from 75 TO 100 in one shot.
    Last week I got kicked out fishing near the Kon Tiki in the village of which I've been doing for years...........the snotty rent a cop on the golf cart said the new owners don't want fishermen there. Because we were leaving anyhow I didn't get into it with him. Since when do the business owners own the walk way under the bridge?
    If Havasu get to be anymore Nazi-ized than it is, then I'll take me boat out of storage there and they can kiss my ass!! :yuk:
    Rod-pays all his fees and taxes-64 :220v:

ClownRoyal
    Not gonna happen. Get real...how would they collect fees from 200 boats on a busy day.

Havasu_Dreamin
    Not gonna happen. Get real...how would they collect fees from 200 boats on a busy day.
    They would/could ahve someone walking up and down the banks on each side and checking to see who has and who ahs not paid. That's what the BLM does for the coves on South on the lake. Not saying they should charge, just saying there is a way to collect the fees.

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast