Has anyone used Motorcraft oil ? I decided to go to my poorly stocked local autozone where they let me dump my oil (the well stocked autozone doesnt allow dumping) So I go to buy my Valvoline and they have 3 quarts, plus my leftover one at home makes me one short for the oil change in my tow vehicle (97 Exploder V8) So I get the motorcraft oil. Yesterday I go to change my oil and I open up the bottle...... :supp: the odor reminded me of when my brother blew the motor on his mustang, burned ass oil.... smelled so bad like burned rubber and oil all in one, I was scared to even put it in the car. I opened my single leftover bottle of valvoline and it smells nice and is really clear, the motorcraft oil was dark brown and gross. What is wrong with this crap ? I will change this oil out later this week and never buy that garbage again, makes me think my motorcraft filter is probably garbage second hand parts too. I think valvoline and wix from napa are going to be my constant used items, even though its a 10 min drive each way :redface:
Thanks for any input !