Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Tankless Water Heaters ?

Mandelon
    Do they really work as well as advertised? Any body have one? Does it lower your bill? Give endless hot water?

BAH468
    They work great. I have a Bosch and a Tagaki. Well worth the money and a two day long shower if you want.

OGShocker
    We are looking into them. I hear GREAT things about the Tagaki.

ROZ
    Do they really work as well as advertised? Any body have one? Does it lower your bill? Give endless hot water?
    Don't have one but want one. They work ad advertised. My sister had on installed in her house and noticed a SIGNIFICANT decrease in her gas bill...

BarryMac
    I am of the understanding that you need a larger diameter gas line to run the unit, I believe that the standard is 1/2" and it needs to be increased to at least 3/4"???

Mrs. Bordsmnj
    This is totally irrelevant but when I was in Costa Rica they had what they referred to as "suicide showers". There were no water heaters so they had these little things that plugged into an electrical outlet and was attached to the shower head to heat the water right before it came out. If you touched the shower head during your shower, you would get zapped. :2purples: Luckily, cold showers felt really good.
    Is that what you are looking for Mandelon?? :wink:

LHC30Victory
    what do they cost? can you install them yourself or are they an "installer only" item?????
    I thought they were about 2K for a good home unit. Any hookups in the 909?

HCS
    Don't have one but want one. They work ad advertised. My sister had on installed in her house and noticed a SIGNIFICANT decrease in her gas bill...
    If I didn't have a tank that's fairly new I'd be shopping for one. The only thing that's gas in my house is the water heater and heating unit. 75% of my gas bill is the water heater. Heck if I got rid of that my gas bill would be zero in the summer.

KACHINA KEN
    Yeah, all the hotels in South America and Europe use them, It was nice n hot, I just thought it was alittle prehistoric. The Toilets in Holland are funny too. They are medical design units, the poo winds up on a shelf I guess so you can inspect it or take a sample, then you flush and it goes to Mr Henke land.

TheLurker
    I have only heard good things about them.
    I plan on getting one for the river house as soon as the water heater I have takes a dump. It will probably be soon since I took the anode out to get rid of the sulfur smell.
    Believe it or not they even have electric on demand hot water heaters. I don’t understand how they heat the water up that fast though.

Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast