Thread: lake nacimiento

marty722
    Question: We would like to go to Nacimiento in june and wanted some info. If we went up on a sun night would be be able to get a campsite at pineknoll campground? We would have a 30ft travel trailer and a 32 ft MH pulling a 18 ft boat. Any problems getting in with any of these setups? Any info would be great on this matter. We don't want to go up there and not be able to get a campsite. Thanks for the info.

Brooski
    You should have no problem getting a spot on Sunday. Most peeps head out on Sunday around 1 or 2. There are plenty of spots that can handle a 30 footer. Best bet is to find a spot to park and scout out a spot on foot first. Then plan your driving into the spot. Some of the roads can be tight, and with the lake full, some of the roads are under water. Check out my last post for Lake Naci Bash, there is a link to photos I took last weekend

tamalewagon
    You should have no problem getting a spot on Sunday. Most peeps head out on Sunday around 1 or 2. There are plenty of spots that can handle a 30 footer. Best bet is to find a spot to park and scout out a spot on foot first. Then plan your driving into the spot. Some of the roads can be tight, and with the lake full, some of the roads are under water. Check out my last post for Lake Naci Bash, there is a link to photos I took last weekend
    Brooski! We're heading up to Naci in July (not for the bash unfortunately). What's the water temp like? I heard it's in the low 70's.

redneckgirl
    Brooski! We're heading up to Naci in July (not for the bash unfortunately). What's the water temp like? I heard it's in the low 70's.
    In July it will be high 60's to low 70's... but right now it is just plane a$$ cold :supp:
    RNG

tamalewagon
    In July it will be high 60's to low 70's... but right now it is just plane a$$ cold :supp:
    RNG
    Dang it RNG! Turn the heat on!!! That's some chilly water! (for wimps like me who are used to the river).

Brooski
    Whoa now. Last weekend the boat gauge read 68 degree surface temp. Mainly in Heritage cove. You will have nothing to worry about.

tamalewagon
    Whoa now. Last weekend the boat gauge read 68 degree surface temp. Mainly in Heritage cove. You will have nothing to worry about.
    I'll take your word for it Brooski. Is that what you're towing on your sig line? Trailer AND a boat??? Impressive!

redneckgirl
    Dang it RNG! Turn the heat on!!! That's some chilly water! (for wimps like me who are used to the river).
    When it is 100 degrees outside the water is perfect!!! .
    RNG

Brooski
    I'll take your word for it Brooski. Is that what you're towing on your sig line? Trailer AND a boat??? Impressive!
    Yup. sometimes, not all the time. For the may trip, I am taking the boat up to Paso the weekend of the 14th, so it will be there for me the next weekend. That pic is taken in the Naci main parking lot, the hill in the background is the one below the condos.

mike37
    looks like good camping to me
    we will be camping may 13-14-15 for my anaversary
    http://www2.***boat.com/image_center...ampgrounds.JPG