Thread: Header water flow control Need to find electric (12v) water conttrol valve/solinoid

hot_rod
    I want to setup a water flow control system for my headers using a msd rpm switch and I need a valve / solinoid to complete the system. where can I find somethong that will work
    Please help

Bluefin
    Try Buchanan Automation at 1-800-426-8313. They have a line of valves from Spartain Electric that have 12vdc soleniod operated valves that can pass fluid. Besure to size the valve for the amount of fluid you need to run through it. I was always going to put an electric operated valve on my OTP but never got around to doing it.

riodog
    Try Paul at Bassett Headers. If I remember correctly he had something like that a while back.
    Riodog

superdave013
    ASCO valves (Automatic Switch Co), You can get them from any pipe supply house.
    Here is their # to the main office. 973 966-2000 but I'm sure they will send you to a distributor.

superdave013

Blazerjet
    Check with Jim Lee at Banderlog he is designing this very thing right now http://www.banderlog.com/cgi-bin/ban...um/dcboard.cgi

jim lee
    Well, actually.. We're testing it now. I had to put togather a boat with OT headers to test it with. That took awhile. (Thank you Banderlog boys for the parts donations!)
    The Banderlog version is more like a "smart valve" It has the RPM circut built right in. It also has an optional WOT circut. This will drop out the water for up to 13 sec. if you floor the boat. (For racing)
    Like I said, it got its first lake test today. But the test boat has a nasty oil leak and that's putting a damper on things.
    As soon as we get the testing done, I'll post the paticulars. But don't hold your breath, its going to be "tested-to-death" before I let any out on the market.
    The ASCO valve should probibly work fine. Try this for the ASCO PN : 8262G22 12/DC
    Good luck on your version! Let us know how it works out.
    -jim lee

flat broke
    There's a bitchen feature on the boards called of all things "search"
    http://free.***boat.net/ubb/Forum4/HTML/002042.html
    That thread should cover all aspects of what you seek. I also have everything needed to set your boat up for RPM controlled water injected headers. If you have specific questions, feel free to email me at admin@liquidaddiction.net
    Thanks and good luck,
    Chris