Thread: How to seal dipstick tube to oil pan

Nubbs
    Anybody got any great methods for sealing the dipstick tube to the oil pan. I have a dooley oil pan on a BBC.
    Thanks
    Nubbs

oldbuck40
    Anybody got any great methods for sealing the dipstick tube to the oil pan. I have a dooley oil pan on a BBC.
    Thanks
    Nubbshey Nubbs no doubt you have a little seep on the dipstick from crankcase pressure! i got sick of mine blowing off everything i put on it so i took some berrymans brake clean spray the hell out of it wiped it off and let it dry then took some 2 part epoxy,(liquid steel) pinched off about 1" and a half worked it together and when it was ready i molded it around the tube and the pan insert,,, the leak stoped,i guess i'll worry about getting the tube out when the time comes,,its crude but it works!!!

lucky
    i'm going to slide some fuel line around it and clamp it -

votech
    i o-ringed my tube then put alittle hi temp silicone to make sure ,works good

TAYLORCHET
    I used a short piece of rubber fuel line and two small hose clamps works great and you can still take it off!

Nubbs
    Thanks for the tips.

PLACECRAFT20
    Hey Nubbs,
    Got those exhaust on yet? I use some silicone from the autoparts store called the Right Stuff. It is GM aproved for gaskets on intakes and stuff. It cost damn near $20.00 bucks for a small can but it is great for sealing parts. I also used it to seal my pump in my boat becuase regular silicone would not stick very well to chrome. I also used it on the dip stick. Works great.