Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Got a nice package today, diverter pump ?

Aluminum Squirt
    Hey Taylorman, pump looks great. I ditched that flimsy plastic mount and built an aluminum tray (what else of course?) and riveted it to a stringer and spot welded it to the hull, sort of built a small level bridge between a stringer and the actual hull, but I have a few more options in not having a glass hull. One thing is for sure, I wouldn't trust that plastic mount, especially with what I run my boat through. Sorry I don't have a picture, I've been diverter-less for a couple of years since I went to the steel race nozzle. Good luck and lets see some pictures of what you come up with-Aluminum Squirt

Hallett19
    I had a problem finding space to mount mine so I mounted it behind my driver side jump seat on the floor between my battery and exhaust, I dont have a picture here at work, but I will post one. I heard the plastic piece works great though ! Dont want that thing to fall and break.
    Is that an older unit or from another company because it doesnt look like my place unit ...

Taylorman
    Got it mounted up. I bought a piece of angle iron and made a bracket that i mounted the plastic pump mount to. Then i screwed the angle iron to the 2x4 that is glassed to the top of my transom. Its really sturdy. I just need to get some 90 degree fittings for the pump.
    http://www2.***boat.com/image_center...61DCP_4860.JPG

charlie f
    I mounted mine to the back of the rear seat on my Taylor.
    This seems to work fine, this kept the wires out of the way.

Taylorman
    Took it out Saturday. Man, the hydraulic trim is awesome. I was able to trim it up to allow the boat to set back on the ride plate. Felt like i was riding on a cloud. Ive never felt that before. I wasn't able to make any wot runs but im sure its gonna fly based on the one run i made. I have to lower the ride plate some. It wanted to porpus and the water off the ride plate was hitting the nozzle causing it to be hard to steer. Im gonna adjust it and try to take it out again next weekend.

oldbuck40
    hey did'nt you say you were having a baby today???? well spill it man,boy or girl?

Taylorman
    Baby girl. Camille Lynn Vidrine. 8lbs 12 oz, 19 3/4" long. Mom and baby are doing great.
    http://www.hotboatpics.com/pics/data/500/13DCP_4966.JPG
    http://www.hotboatpics.com/pics/data/500/13DCP_4964.JPG

460 jus getn it
    congrats

kp216
    Congratulations Taylorman! You just gotta love the little ones!

bp
    Got it mounted up. I bought a piece of angle iron and made a bracket that i mounted the plastic pump mount to. Then i screwed the angle iron to the 2x4 that is glassed to the top of my transom. Its really sturdy. I just need to get some 90 degree fittings for the pump.
    http://www2.***boat.com/image_center...61DCP_4860.JPG
    congrats on the new one!
    rather than sticking with the angle iron, find a piece of angle aluminum and replace the iron. you can clean it up, do what you did with the iron, it'll never rust. i've had mine that way for 8 years. powdercoated the aluminum 2 years ago. works fine. the hydraulic tubing will last forever, and won't leak at all as long as the ends are cut squarely when prepping them. the hydraulic pd is the only way to go.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast