Thread: Rattle Rattle Rattle

2NDTIMEAROUND
    6.2 liter i/o here..What the hell is that rattling noise when i am in neutral and rev up the motor sounds like all hell.someone told me it was in the exhaust or something of that nature and if so can it be 86'd (eliminated)

upsman105
    i have the same motor, but no rattle.. :smile:

Wicky
    6.2 liter i/o here..What the hell is that rattling noise when i am in neutral and rev up the motor sounds like all hell.someone told me it was in the exhaust or something of that nature and if so can it be 86'd (eliminated)
    Sounds like a muffler bearing!!! :shift:

2NDTIMEAROUND
    I checked the muffler bearing and the races looked good and there was plenty of grease...maybe the dou hicky is loose.
    Damn smart azz lol

2NDTIMEAROUND
    Same motor what size boat and prop do you run.Speed???

JetBoatRich
    I checked the muffler bearing and the races looked good and there was plenty of grease...maybe the dou hicky is loose.
    Damn smart azz lol
    how about the weeble wam shaft
    Sounds like something loose back there, need to get back there and pin it down. Maybe a flapper?

sdpm
    Exhaust shutters will rattle at idle. If you have S.S. tips look in the tip from the back and see if they are the metal type internal flappers and the rubber has come off the edges? While idleing turn the wheel and see if it gets worse or better. If the tone changes pull the drive and check the gimble brg.

racecar.hotshoe
    Check the dome light fluid!....................

Chase
    Exhaust shutters will rattle at idle. If you have S.S. tips look in the tip from the back and see if they are the metal type internal flappers and the rubber has come off the edges? While idleing turn the wheel and see if it gets worse or better. If the tone changes pull the drive and check the gimble brg.
    I was going to mention the same thing....the exhaust shutters...I have captains call in mine, and the shutters make a little bit of noise at idle....

JBmagic
    In order to do that, you're gonna need a seven-sided gangly wrench.