Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Why we're paying so much at the pump (hard to fathom these numbers)

MagicMtnDan
    British Petroleum EARNS (profit not sales) $2.5 million dollars an hour 24 hours a day.
    Oil giant BP announced record quarterly results today, after high oil prices pushed the company's profits up by 29% for the first three months of this year.
    For the first three months of the year, the UK's biggest listed company made $5.49 BILLION. The figure, the equivalent to earnings of $2.5 MILLION an hour, comes two months after BP announced a record annual profit of $11.2 BILLION (that's $11,200,000,000) last year, a result that sparked calls for a windfall tax on energy companies.
    Their profit in 2004 was $933,000,000 (nine-hundred thirty-three million) a month which is $232,000,000 (two-hundred thirty-two million) a week which equals $33,321,000 (thirty-three million) a day in PROFITS!

looky_lou
    It is getting totally out of control. Some serious price gouging going on in my opinion.

hoolign
    I wish my day rate went up in accordance with oil company profits! oh well stocks are doin good

NorCal Gameshow
    when I saw the pres. with the crown prince of saudi... at the ranch to discuss the price at the pump., I was thinking maybe the CEO's of the price gougers...i'm mean the OIL CO. CEO's might have been more appropriate ...:idea:

Not So Fast
    British Petroleum EARNS (profit not sales) $2.5 million dollars an hour 24 hours a day.
    Oil giant BP announced record quarterly results today, after high oil prices pushed the company's profits up by 29% for the first three months of this year.
    For the first three months of the year, the UK's biggest listed company made $5.49 BILLION. The figure, the equivalent to earnings of $2.5 MILLION an hour, comes two months after BP announced a record annual profit of $11.2 BILLION (that's $11,200,000,000) last year, a result that sparked calls for a windfall tax on energy companies.
    Their profit in 2004 was $933,000,000 (nine-hundred thirty-three million) a month which is $232,000,000 (two-hundred thirty-two million) a week which equals $33,321,000 (thirty-three million) a day in PROFITS!
    MMD; Can you tell from the number of replies or how fast this post in moving to the rear of the heap, that most folks know we are getting f---ed but what can the ordinary guy do about it? So we grumble a little bit and keep buying while all the time this administration smiles and allows the big oil co.'s to keep raping us. They have had profit predictions go double and triple and yet not one word of price gouging. Us sheep have no choice or recourse. Sad unless you are fortunate enough to be in the oil business! NSF

LHC30Victory
    There is always talk of having the Oil Industry regulated like the utilities because of the direct link to commerce and how intertwined oil/gas is to everyone's daily existance.
    FAT CHANCE this will happen - probably because of the industry being so involved in politics..Seems like they own the polititians doesn't it?????

Havasu_Dreamin
    I wish my day rate went up in accordance with oil company profits! oh well stocks are doin good
    That actually make me wonder, did your wages go up as the price of oil has skyrocketed? Have your costs to get the oil out of the ground drastically increased which in turn led to the increase in the cost of a barrel of oil? I'm going to theorize the asnwers to both questions are no. Which begs the question, where is all of the money being made? At the refineiries, and I'm fairly certain their operating costs have not increased so dramatically as to justify these pirces. Not bagging on any of the roughnecks, but I personally think the refiners, at least here on the West coast, are price gouging us to hell and back.

Mandelon
    Buy their stock?

HammerDown
    It is getting totally out of control. Some serious price gouging going on in my opinion.
    No....really!
    Like I said before...if that a-hole in the white house :yuk: payed out of his pocket to fill up...prices would be much lower.

bigd1
    The Saudi's needed to check on their dog and make sure he'll continue to toe the line for the rest of his term like they paid for.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast