Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: NEED MORE 'TAIL!!!

Q-ball
    What makes that long, thin looking rooster tail on some of the boats that I have seen pictures of? My wifes uncle has what he calls a jet-o-vator but when he aims it in the air the roost is only 4 to 5 feet tall, about 5 feet wide and not that long. I have a 18 footer with a 455 olds and a Berkley pump, what am I lacking for that sweet looking 'tail??

SouthernComfort
    Q-ball, a Place Diverter will give you a nice tail along with the ability to adjust the rid angle of the boat. I have also just installed a Place Drop Snoot which lowers the angle of thrust and lifts the boat, it also increase my tail when the diverter is full up.
    If your just looking to shoot a tail and have a split bowl Place also sell a Rooster Booster for that purpose.
    Bobt

hawaiian21
    how old is the jetovator/place diverter? I installed a new place diverter last year on my day cruiser and it shoots at least a 10' tall rooster. A freind of mine has an older unit that had the same problem as you, to fix the problem he ground out the back side of the nozzel where it meets the bowl to get more upward angle.

77charger
    easiest and cheapest way buy a wedge.about 20-25 bucks

Q-ball
    77charger, could you explain what a wedge is and what it dose? (I really like the 20-25 bucks idea!!)

Bense468
    If you have a split bowl it is exactly what it sounds like a wedge that goes in between where the bowl is split. You can get different degree wedges. This will change your boats ride attitude though. So it is 25 bucks for each wedge and you might have to try several different kinds to get your boat to set right.

77charger
    you can get a 3 degree wedge just enough to make a diiference.it will pretty much equal 1 notch on your diverter control

Q-ball
    Do any of you know of a website I can check out that would have prices and pictures of the drop snoots, place diverters, rideplates ect. so maybe I can grasp where they go, what they look like, and if I need or even want them? Thanks

brazosjettin
    q-ball go to www.placediverter&controls.com (http://www.placediverter&controls.com) they got what your looking for.

Q-ball
    THANKS BRAZO!!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast