Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Moving oil sending Unit question

cave
    I want to move my oil sending unit above my oil filter. Is this possible
    Here is where it is now
    http://www2.***boat.com/image_center...end_unit_1.jpg
    Here is where I want to put it.
    http://www2.***boat.com/image_center...end_unit_2.jpg
    I hope I can move it there cause that long nipple leaks. I have to strap the nipple to the ski bar. I would also look cleaner above the oil filter. I cant remember if I can put it there. :hammerhea

Yes, you can put it there.

cave
    Thanks OLDSQUIRT.

BK
    Yeah you can put it there but only if you get rid of the FRAM oil filter!

cave
    Yeah you can put it there but only if you get rid of the FRAM oil filter! BK we have 7 reservoirs near me and all of them are surrounded by dusty desert.
    OK BK what filter would you suggest? Now that the engine is out of the boat it will be easy to replace it.

Tahiti350
    Why not just use a 45 degree fitting to hide it low and behind the head, or put it in the oil galley at the front of the block, if it is drilled and tapped already. Pressure is more accurate on the top of the motor, as opposed to right at the filter. Just my .02 worth. :idea:

cave
    Kachina rigged it that way but with a smaller extension. As it is now I have to add spacers for the wire connection block. a 45° wouldn't clear the block. I would still have to use the extension or modify the position of the block. I'll check if I can move it over to the other side. I just want to eliminate the extension. I'm open to all suggestions at this point. Thanks for you help Tahiti350

bakerjet
    mine is mounted above the filter and works fine but i like wix or mobile filter!

Foggerjet
    I had a fram filter on when I first built my motor, oil pressure never dropped down low but fluctuated alot. I thought it was a faulty sender or guage. After reading a few threads on this, I changed to a NAPA (wix) filter, Voila! 65 psi steady. I'm a believer, a fram is Ok for a car I guess but not sustained RPM. Now it's nothin but WIX!
    fog

1Bahnerjet
    my sending unit above oil filter, its mechanical gauge with plastic tubing running to dash. has anyone ever had trouble with plastic tubing ??? should the tubing be some other material ?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast