Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: Maheraja water ski

purrfecttremor
    i have a 38 year old maheraja.havnt used it in years.still in the original ski bag.best ride ive ever had!still looks new.

72 Hondo
    I can't believe I found this thing on Ebay. Mint condition Maha for cheap!!! These things are $$$ brand new. Anyone else ski on one of these? I bought it more for nostalgia, but definately got to give it a go! Yee friggin' ha!
    Do you have a pic of the ski, Id like to see which one it is.
    PM me with it if you can.
    Thanks

HCS
    shit my dad built skis like that before any one new what water skiing was
    I cant stand to ride any thing els
    he still has all hes paterns and forms
    I have 2 old friends of my dad's that use to build their own skis back in the late 60's early 70's. Their the ones that taught me how to ski. The one friend could rip it up on anything, his name was Jack Knudson. If the name is familiar let me know.
    Tom

HCS
    I haven't skied on one for years. Just curious if it has similar characteristics as my KD or what it's similar to.
    I swear by KD's. That's all I ski on. I have the 2004 KD CR7, one bad ass ski.
    The wood Maha's don't handle anything like that. There very stiff and fast.
    Unforgiving. I've always wanted to throw a killer set of bindings on one and push it to the limit! I'd probably kill myself.

ratso
    Still have both my Taperflex "Jumpers". Wood wide tails 70" or 72" People would laugh when they saw them, but dig my 230 pounds in and they would throw a wall of water!
    ...were those the ones with the formica bottoms???

H20skier
    I have one. A double boot and they are one of the nicest skis around. Comfy, fast and you can go forever
    Me too. I'm old, with 2 bad knees and it allows me to still be on the water. Actually there are 5 of them in our family. We all defected from Vogues.

if any one is looking to sell a 7.5 would love to buy it. learned how to ski on one. best ride ever for me. thanks
    pat(slotracer) :mix:

RitcheyRch
    I have never tried one but my friend, Randy has done many Catalina Ski Races on one.

tamalewagon
    Do you have a pic of the ski, Id like to see which one it is.
    PM me with it if you can.
    Thanks
    I'll post a few pictures when I get it. It's supposed to arrive on Wednesday of next week.

tamalewagon
    I swear by KD's. That's all I ski on. I have the 2004 KD CR7, one bad ass ski.
    The wood Maha's don't handle anything like that. There very stiff and fast.
    Unforgiving. I've always wanted to throw a killer set of bindings on one and push it to the limit! I'd probably kill myself.
    I hear you. I'm still skiing on the 7000 and I have a Redline that I still love. Your avatar looks like a lake we used to compete at when we skied against SAC State (just a few years ago! ). Anywho, the Maha should be fun nonetheless as I probably will put some double boots on it and go for a ride. :2purples:

Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast