Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Is a Eliminator Daytona a good boat for me?

Get Porter
    New here and was wondering if I could get your guys opinion. My brother-in-law is having financial difficulties and needs to sell his boat. It's a 21' Daytona with 300 Promax on it. I am thinking about buying the boat from him but am wondering if this would make a good big lake boat. It has 2 25 gallon tanks so the range should be ok even with the gas guzzling 300 (it is a gas guzzler right?). My question is how well will this boat do in the rough waters of Lake Mead, Havasu or Powell. It doesn't have alot of freeboard, is this a problem? The boat is in top notch shape, seats seven and his pay off is $24K. I know it's not a good wakeboard boat but slalom skiing behind it is fun with a 4-5 blade on it I hear. What's your guys opinion, will this be a decent small boat for big lakes?

Daytona100
    Its a bitchen boat for me.http://www2.***boat.com/image_center..._032-thumb.jpg And it has the best resale.

Daytona100
    The only drawback is you dont get FREE coolaid!!!http://www2.***boat.com/image_center...r_pics_032.jpg

Kilrtoy
    I dont know...
    Can it handle the rough, yes, but how ruff..
    I ran against a 22 DCB with twin 300's and he was out of the water, I mean all the way out ..... The guy was a good driver, no doubt, but I would not take that boat at 100 in the water we were in.... But then again, The guy could drive.....

Kilrtoy
    Sorry, as far as gas guzzling, NO way... Compare it to a big block and it is way better........

MONEYFURNOTHIN
    I have a 22dcb w/300x. Seems to handle moderate chop (2-3 footers) pretty well. Much more than that and you will get wet, but with sensible driving you will get home safe. I love mine, however not sure how much fun it will be on a bad day at havi.

welk2party
    Based on your comments I would say that you have only a little boating experience. This is a GREAT boat and would make a GREAT first time owner boat. As far as big lakes, you should have no problems as long as you drive within your experience. You will figure out what conditions you prefer to drive in. Good Luck and GO FOR IT!

77charger
    I was considering that same kind of boat a while back but settled on a 21ft v open bow.I have a little more freeboard than the 21ft tunnel does but i really dont think you would have aproblem at powell i take mine there and have had zero probs with water conditions.Have been at havasu when it is bad all i do is slow it down i got all day to go from point a to b

Charley
    Based on your comments I would say that you have only a little boating experience. This is a GREAT boat and would make a GREAT first time owner boat. As far as big lakes, you should have no problems as long as you drive within your experience. You will figure out what conditions you prefer to drive in. Good Luck and GO FOR IT!
    based on your comments I'm guessing you have not been in the middle of Lake Mohave or Lake Mead at 2 in the afternoon in a 21' Daytona... ever... it is not a good "first boat" for someone wanting to hit the bigger lakes on a weekend...there is VERY little freeboard on the 21.... Parker or maybe needles on winter weekends and weekdays??.. Ya sure but in that price range if you wanna hit the lakes I would say belly up another 15k and buy a 3-5 year old american offshore with a 500... you will be alot happier, and thats not be jabbing at eliminator it's an honest opinion

boxscore
    based on your comments I'm guessing you have not been in the middle of Lake Mohave or Lake Mead at 2 in the afternoon in a 21' Daytona... ever... it is not a good "first boat" for someone wanting to hit the bigger lakes on a weekend...there is VERY little freeboard on the 21.... Parker or maybe needles on winter weekends and weekdays??.. Ya sure but in that price range if you wanna hit the lakes I would say belly up another 15k and buy a 3-5 year old american offshore with a 500... you will be alot happier, and thats not be jabbing at eliminator it's an honest opinion
    I totally agree. I've been in moderate Havasu chop in a 22 DCB 300... pales in comparison to Mojave or Mead chop. It was a struggle to drive with any level of comfort. Little freeboard... and you'll always watchin those tips and wondering how close they are to stabbin. Great river boat though. Unbelieveable how light and manuevarable they are.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast