Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: Well just about got the boat ready and...

86 catalina
    I cant even afford to go to the river,with these fckn gas prices...Anyone else in the same boat as me???I have a full size chevy crew cab 4 wheel drive with a vortec 454 it has a 50 gallon gas tank>It cost me around 130 just to get to the river hauling a golf cart and towing a 21 foot boat.That is 260 round trip.My boat holds 40 gallons ,thats about 150 dollars minus ocatain booster thats another 30 bucks for a total of 180 for the boat.plus the cost of food ,alcohol,fees for camping ,thats probally around another 300 bucks,lets add this up so far .........for a total of 740 dollars for a three day weekend...I used to to the river for a day or two when i got a spare chance,but now i will probally have to stay for 6 plus days just for the cost of travel fuel.I will also probally have to have two other people go with to help with the cost of travel fuel...this shit is bull shit what can we do?I called my trailer park yesterday and they said the place is a friggin ghost town because of the gas prices....no one can even afford to go there ....Hell it would be cheaper for me to go to vegas for a couple dayshttp://www.***boat.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=13250&stc=1

wanna B V
    Well I tried trading my first born for a tank of premium for the boat, but Toms Shell has upped their price now to your first and second born!!!! Even just a day run to the local lake is going to cost big this season. Thieving bastard oil companies!!!!

andy01
    Just suck it up and pay the price to play or give up the hobby. It's only a dollar more a gallon then it was last year. So for me it is only another $200 or $300 for a weekend of gas. Not that big of deal when you add up what it cost to own a boat and crew cab.
    Andy

LAFD
    yeah in the same boat wont be makin nearly as many trips as last year.

LAFD
    So for me it is only another $200 or $300 for a weekend of gas.
    Andy
    oh gee is that it....

NOTALENT
    I normally spend about 1k a weekend....I dont have the boat anymore so it should be a little less....im just complaining about the cost of focking alcohol!!!!! :crossx:

andy01
    oh gee is that it....
    Yeah that's it! That is nothing compared to a lot of the ballers at the river with big boats and trucks. They will spend another 4-$500 in a weekend, burning 200 gallons more then me.
    Andy

purrfecttremor
    I don't give a shiat what it cost Im there when we have time an that time begins next weekend and every other weekent thru october except for our standard week in cabo.We live for summer and its now!!!!!!!! I might have to by cheaper beer. :cry: :cry:

ChumpChange
    That's why I have a boat for sale. Hopefully will get rid of this one and buy a bigger one to go in the Big Blue. That way I save the money driving to the river and back.
    NOTALENT.....buy my boat. You don't want to be boatless.

No Name
    Well I tried trading my first born for a tank of premium for the boat, but Toms Shell has upped their price now to your first and second born!!!! Even just a day run to the local lake is going to cost big this season. Thieving bastard oil companies!!!!
    Most of us on here with these toys will be able to pay the higher price of gas to use them. But at 4 bucks a gallon everything is going to cost more and I'm sure there will be a lot of people affected by this in the months to come.
    Thieving bastard oil companies!!!! You got that right.

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast