Page 1 of 8 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Impeller ?

Taylorman
    Ok guys, im soon going to step up the power to a BBC. What impeller should i use with around 600-650hp? Im thinking thats a little much for aluminum. Would bronze be the way to go?

MudPumper
    Bronze is nice and cheaper than stainless but the drawback is that bronze is difficult to weld so repairing any dings or what not may not work. If you primarily boat in shallow rivers where you run a chance of sucking shit up I would say spend the extra cash and get stainless because it can be repaired easily. Others have said that you can get away with aluminum with around 600 HP. Might be ok as long as you don't unload the pump. ??????

wideopen545
    i've got a very nice american turbine A-2 hard anadized aluminum alloy standard/standard on the ring side was installed and removed went with a different setup
    215.00 plus shipping
    tim 540.871.4833

SB
    Aggressor's alloy would also be suitable.

TIMINATOR
    I've run 950 HP at over 100 mph with an aluminum American Turbine for about 2 years with no problems...... BUT, the pump is allways loaded, well... TIMINATOR

Huffer
    Been Running Bc, Past Five Years, Just Changed To A2 Bronze,no Problems Yet!

LVjetboy
    "I've run 950 HP at over 100 mph with an aluminum American Turbine for about 2 years with no problems...... BUT, the pump is allways loaded, well... TIMINATOR"
    2 years are you sure? Don't forget I kept track. And I say BS on the 100 mph!
    Wondering, why build big hp then cut corners and go for bronze instead of stainless? Just wondering. Maybe a bit cheaper, oh wait. Are you sure you'll be loaded every time? Or that you won't need ss instead of bronze for you lake boat application? Just a question.
    jer

ChetCapoli
    [i]
    2 years are you sure? Don't forget I kept track. And I say BS on the 100 mph!
    Wondering, why build big hp then cut corners and go for bronze instead of stainless? Just wondering. Maybe a bit cheaper, oh wait. Are you sure you'll be loaded every time? Or that you won't need ss instead of bronze for you lake boat application? Just a question.
    jer
    This is something similiar to what that chit would say jer...give it a rest will ya? geesh! Besides "the jet boat industry is reluctant to accept a "new" concept like bronze....but they ARE GAINING NUMBERS FAST!"
    Maybe i'll get an A+ on this post eh?
    CHET

Duane HTP
    A+, they are gaining numbers fast! You're starting to see the light. Yeah!
    It's Mag/Bronze, Chet. The older impellers were Bronze. Get it right.
    Good Post Chet!!!

steelcomp
    A+, they are gaining numbers fast! You're starting to see the light. Yeah!
    It's Mag/Bronze, Chet. The older impellers were Bronze. Get it right.
    Good Post Chet!!!
    Duane...pleeeeeze...don't encourage him!!!

Page 1 of 8 12345 ... LastLast