Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: Finally! Dyno results!

Performance 19
    Sorry, the posts that say Mrs CP 19 were me...wouldn't let me log her out! Jim

FuelInMyVeins82
    Digler it was good meeting you man. I was there w/ chris right after lunch you pulled up w/ that snoot. Boat looks good I wonder what it will run. Ne interest in running it ming? later

LVjetboy
    "Digler it was good meating you mean."

Nice engine!
    jer

FuelInMyVeins82
    ya that was prety bad my bad. fixed it

Blown 472
    The 6109's come that way. They did that so they could be used in line. :coffeycup
    But they are being used sideways, I was told there would be issues doing that.

diggler
    ya that was prety bad my bad. fixed it
    LMAO!! Thanks for fixing it!

MAXIMUS
    How many quarts of oil were you running? What size oilpan? It sounds to me that you were dry sumping the motor at high rpms. All the oil was being pumped up and very little was in the pan. That would bother me in my boat but if they said it was ok then I guess its ok. I would make him put it in writing along with a warranty :idea: I was just curious bud. Good looking mill though
    Hmmm lets see here... This is a public forum to discuss ideas & ask questions. I don't feel in any way that 396 steped on anybodys feet! I think he was just asking questions & voicing concerns. Apperantly a few of you are overly sensitive about Dave at DNE? Great however I don't see a valid reason to be jumping all over this gentleman about his post! I can tell you that I would be more than concerned with oil psi in that range at that rpm! Now am I ragging on Dave??? No just saying that I would not be comfortable knowing that in a real life situation when the temp starts coming up the psi starts to fall etc... Of course I am not a dyno/engine expert, just another fellow stating an "opinion". As far as brain power in 1 room that must be the opinion of another... One more thing, if those that post about their equipment don't want to hear anything negative or questionable then in all fairness just don't post! Or be confident enough in your own shiat that you don't have to become defensive when another voices "an opinion" :notam:
    Finally let me say congrats to diggler & very nice looking mill. Power is outstanding as always with DNE! Good luck :smile:

UBFJ #454
    I have a pair of 6109's that came off the 'Black Mamba', Ver. 1.0 that have been worked over by CP to somewhere between 810 & 815 cfm. They have been run both in-line and sideways on two different motors and performed just fine in both configurations, in both cases. Race prep'd 6109's are hard to find and almost worth their weight in gold ... Last pair I saw for sale was at this past year's World Finals here at FireBird and the guy wouldn't budge below $1,895 for them mounted on an Edlebrock Victor II-R BBC Tunnel Ram.

kojac
    I went with a Heritage Bronze impeller cut to an A/B to hit peak hp at 6500rpms. I also put the rev limiter at 6500 to avoid blowing this stinker up!
    I would be interested in whether or not this motor would pull an a/b impellar to 6500 rpm's when the pump is fully loaded.
    Looking at how fast the torque falls off in relation to the horsepower gains I would doubt that could happen.
    Not saying this is not a good motor. Just that the pump absorbs so much horsepower at the higher rpm's.
    I hope it reaches your expections. Please let us know.
    Thanks,
    Kojac.

Just had our motor dynoed.
    What kind of power did that thing make, if you dont mind saying.

Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast