Thread: V6 blown on alky???

Blown 472
    anyone built one, seen one? what did it make for hp??

Tahiti350
    Have a friend currently building a 4.3 Chevy V-6 12:1, heavily reworked heads (ported, big valves, screw-in studs, etc), and a handmade sheetmetal crossram for a small Dominator. No idea whether it will even survive the dyno runs, much less what kind of power it will make.

Foggerjet
    For some reason I think six's, straight or V are cool as hell. Mostly because they're not commonly used for perf. applications and they are not what's expected when you pop the hood. Obviously, more power can be had with a V-8, but turbo and supercharger technology has com along way in the last 10-15 yrs. Grand Nationals hauled ASS in the late 80's. In the early 90's some friends and I put an ex Busch car V-6, converted to wet sump in a 86 camaro with a 'glide, 6200 rpm stall (you read that right) and a 9" ford rear. With 2 systems it went 10.90 @ 117, and held together for years, until we sold it. We also ran an '89 Trans-am pace car V-6 turbo(remember those?) It was a street car with a small dose of nitrous. It was an 11 sec car all day long with the air on. Six's are commonly overlooked as power producers, But they can be made to throw the smackdown on V-8's. That little 86 camaro had heads turning for a long time. It had a shriek nothing like I'v ever heard. Ever heard a 13:1 six at 9000 rpm? Sounded like the world was ending. A blown alky deal would be cool as shit! I'm sure parts can be found or fabbed to do it. Is this intended for a boat? or a somewhat drier surface?
    fog

Blown 472
    For some reason I think six's, straight or V are cool as hell. Mostly because they're not commonly used for perf. applications and they are not what's expected when you pop the hood. Obviously, more power can be had with a V-8, but turbo and supercharger technology has com along way in the last 10-15 yrs. Grand Nationals hauled ASS in the late 80's. In the early 90's some friends and I put an ex Busch car V-6, converted to wet sump in a 86 camaro with a 'glide, 6200 rpm stall (you read that right) and a 9" ford rear. With 2 systems it went 10.90 @ 117, and held together for years, until we sold it. We also ran an '89 Trans-am pace car V-6 turbo(remember those?) It was a street car with a small dose of nitrous. It was an 11 sec car all day long with the air on. Six's are commonly overlooked as power producers, But they can be made to throw the smackdown on V-8's. That little 86 camaro had heads turning for a long time. It had a shriek nothing like I'v ever heard. Ever heard a 13:1 six at 9000 rpm? Sounded like the world was ending. A blown alky deal would be cool as shit! I'm sure parts can be found or fabbed to do it. Is this intended for a boat? or a somewhat drier surface?
    fog
    I am thinking a 3.8 ford for my 93 linclon with 9 inch and 10.5 tire, 6:71 with a bird catcher.

CrazyHippy
    I played w/ an early Toy supra for a long time, inline 6 cyl, 8:1 compression, 24lbs of boost, ran a best of 9.8 on some used up road course slicks.
    Car was UGLY and reallly pissed some people off.
    BJH

superdave013
    George @ Clay Smith did up a 6 cyl for a sand dragster. Took some top fuel block (KB or the like) and wizzed out the 2 center cylinders and welded it back together (same thing to the heads). Had a crank made and did the cam and valve train his self. Ran a 14-71 on nitro.
    I never saw it run but heard it was pretty bad ass. Just looking at pics of it was pretty cool. Needless to say there was a rule change in the 6 cylinder class after that.

Foggerjet
    I am thinking a 3.8 ford for my 93 linclon with 9 inch and 10.5 tire, 6:71 with a bird catcher.
    Cool, you could see if you can find some manifold flanges for a 3.8 and tig up a sheet metal manifold for the big roots. Or mod a T-bird SC intake, maybe. Are good cranks and rods and stuff available for the 3.8?
    fog

Blown 472
    Cool, you could see if you can find some manifold flanges for a 3.8 and tig up a sheet metal manifold for the big roots. Or mod a T-bird SC intake, maybe. Are good cranks and rods and stuff available for the 3.8?
    fog
    I am going to try the stock crank and see if I can get some alum rods.