Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: I broke the skeg on my Bravo 1

Speedin' Ian
    Where can I take it to have it repaired and what should I expect to pay? I am located in Thousand Oaks so preferably somewhere close

cole13
    Try Jim Lange at Hi-Tech Marine in Simi Valley (805) 583-2656. He is an upstanding guy, but he moved his shop to the other side of Simi off of Tapo I think.

scarabrick2
    Save yourself some money and take the leg (outdrive) off. A lot of places don't want to take responsibility for your boat/damage. It only take 5 min to remove it.

Speedin' Ian
    I called Jim and left him a message, now I am waiting for a return call.
    How do I remove the lower unit? Is it as simple as unbolting and lowering it down, or do I have to be aware of seals and such? Also when i put it back on do I have to set up any tolerances...

INSman
    As an option, try Eric at Maverick Marine in Van Nuys.. (818) 989-4445
    He just did the 50hr. service on my DANA before I sold it and got Merc to pick up the tab for about $1,300 worth of repairs, parts and labor, even when the boat was out of warranty !!!
    You are probably looking at around maybe $500 depending on how bad the damage was. Had the same problem once and I think maybe IMCO did the repairs.
    Good luck,
    Blane

rivercrazy
    Ditto. Eric really knows his stuff inside/out.....,I won't take my boat anywhere else

Waldo
    I was quoted $450 last year from a company in OC. They pull the drive, fix it, and replace the drive. I don't remember the company though.

Speedin' Ian
    Well thr guy that does my props said he would repair it for $150.00 so I think I'll go that route . Now can anyone tell me the steps to removing my lower unit, sounds easy, but I want to make sure there isn't anything special I need to be aware of before I take it off. Thanks for the help guys

Essex29
    Well thr guy that does my props said he would repair it for $150.00 so I think I'll go that route . Now can anyone tell me the steps to removing my lower unit, sounds easy, but I want to make sure there isn't anything special I need to be aware of before I take it off. Thanks for the help guys
    What do you mean by "broke the skeg"??
    Post a picture of it

Speedin' Ian
    I'll try and snap a picture later, but I broke off a piece of the skeg that is on the bottom of the outdrive

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast