Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: First Aid?

johnnybgoodman
    MUST have item! but not the little kits that you buy at the store. Those are great for headaches and owwies, but you should get REAL stuff for REAL emergencies. Plenty of sterile pads and roll gause. Ice pack or two. Deffinately one of those spaceage blankets. (shock is the silent killer!). Take a first aid course. They are cheep and on is in you're area. Put something in you're kit to make slings or splints with. Bandanas work great for this as well as make for cheap rags in a mechanical emergency.

Jungle Boy
    JungleBoy,Oil patch? Way to many course's hey?
    Wildthing,
    The courses get a little bland after the 8th time, but I've had to use first aid several times and have been very happy to have had them. Oilpatch?, 24 years of this shit now. Workover/drilling rigs, offshore 5 years, jungle for 1.5 years now. Allows for the needed cash and time to boat.
    JB

737jetmech
    With my family's history of injurys ,I need one on board!Or just wrap them in bubble wrap before we leave the house... LOL Bob

MissHBjet
    Good Topic...
    Being and EMT I always try to be prepared.
    MissHBjet

JetBoatRich
    I've carried a 1st aid kit in my boat. I am usually the one that hurts himself. Needless to say, I carry one in all my toys.

Cas
    Always! I also have one in the truck and another that is a part of the camping gear. I too have the good ones, you just never know when you'll need more than a bandaid or 2. Yea, they're expensive but not being prepared can be a whole lot more expensive.

SLOWRIDE190
    its a must. people either think it always happens to the other guy, or they want to depend on the government to always be there. don't buy one, make one. you will have a better set up for far less cost. how do i know? i've been a professional fireman for 19 years and a paramedic for 14 of them. you just need some large bulky dressings with bandaging material, and a sterile, or at least a clean sheet with irrigating saline for burns. some cardboard for splints, and a cold pack or two. the little strains and sprains don't hurt much to mess with. if someone gets hit fast or cut bad, that is what the bulky dressings are for. the only other major problem, besides stupidity on the water, is fire. hence the burn stuff. the other things can wait for treatment til you make it back to the dock. call your local hospital, fire dept., or red cross to see where to take a basic 4 hr first aid class too. stay safe, and call 911, because i'm off today!

GlastronGuy
    I agree with everyone else. I always have it in the boat.

Infomaniac
    First aid kit for sure. Even still carry a tool kit. Have a brand new boat, but the drag boat habits still hang on.
    Used the needle nose pliers to pull a guy's ring out from under his skin. He jumped out of a boat and his ring hung up on a kleet. OUCH !!

Sangster 79
    My buddy wife opened the first aid kit that he kept in his boat and found that there was just as many condoms as bandaids in it... Needless to say he had a little explainibg to do....The Moral of this story is.. Well, its self explainitory....

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast