Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Anyone ever stay at Black Meadow?

HPLavey
    I think its a pretty cool place as lon g as you bring your trailer or motorhome. There facilities are pretty nasty

TheLurker
    I like the place my self that is if I get a waterfront camp site.
    If you want to anchor your boat off the beach, it does get a little crowded. It also gets rockier the further you get from the swim beach.
    Also if you want to eat in their restaurant bring along something to snack on while your waiting for your food. Their service has been known to be a little on the slow side.

JBmagic
    GO PAST THE FRONT GATE BEFORE CHECKING IN. Failure to do this will result in you being denied entry. :hammerhea
    RUN STOP SIGNS. Failure to comply will result in your ejection from the park. :hammerhea
    ELEVATE COMPLAINTS UP TO THE GENERAL MANAGER. This will result in almost certain ejection and non-reimbursement of money spent.
    SPEED AND/OR DRIVE CARTS IN RECKLESS MANNER. Same story :hammerhea
    COMPLAIN ABOUT CRAPPY FACILITIES TO MANAGEMENT. This will be percived as you "trying to start a fight" and you'll be ejected and not allowed back. :argue:
    Think Seinfeld's "Soup Nazi", and you'll be good to go "No Camping For You"
    Oh, yeah. One more: Don't eat the pork chops at the cafe after wednesday.
    Other than that, its a fantastic place to bring your families.

jayd_jr
    GO PAST THE FRONT GATE BEFORE CHECKING IN. Failure to do this will result in you being denied entry. :hammerhea
    RUN STOP SIGNS. Failure to comply will result in your ejection from the park. :hammerhea
    ELEVATE COMPLAINTS UP TO THE GENERAL MANAGER. This will result in almost certain ejection and non-reimbursement of money spent.
    SPEED AND/OR DRIVE CARTS IN RECKLESS MANNER. Same story :hammerhea
    COMPLAIN ABOUT CRAPPY FACILITIES TO MANAGEMENT. This will be percived as you "trying to start a fight" and you'll be ejected and not allowed back. :argue:
    Think Seinfeld's "Soup Nazi", and you'll be good to go "No Camping For You"
    Oh, yeah. One more: Don't eat the pork chops at the cafe after wednesday.
    Other than that, its a fantastic place to bring your families.
    One more thing to add..... DONOT PARK in the fire lane.... WHich is all the roads leading in and out of the park...... YOU WILL BE BANNED! Even if you are just loading your stuff.
    Also do not rent the apartments(rooms) they are disgusting even the kids with us didnt want to stay there...
    Camping there should be wonderful. But facilities are scary as said before......

1stepcloser
    I have stayed there for 16 years. Loved the place, but got put on their "86 list" at the beginning of last year, due to a confrontation with the help while trying to reserve my monthly site for the summer.
    The "pleasant" woman on the phone told me that "monthly sites are not available in the summer!" to whick I replied "Oh, sure they are, I have one every year."
    Her: ARE YOU TRYING TO TELL ME MY JOB?
    Me: No, of course not, it's just that I have been getting a monthly site there for years, so I know they are available.....
    It went downhill from there, her telling me they didnt want "your type of people here" and she was going to put me on their "86 list" and I was no longer welcome in the park.
    I was dumbfounded to say the least.
    I tried to reach Sheri or George to make some sense of what happened but was told theyre not here today, and to try and call later.
    I began to panic as it was already around the end of march, I called all the resorts in town to no avail.
    I finally called Crazy Horse, they had a site available.
    It's the best move I made. The convenience of being in the city is great.
    But, all the time I was there I loved the place.

JBmagic
    Put it this way: The management knows that they have a cherry thing going. There aren't that many more places to stay on Havasu that don't have long wait lists. If you want to stay there, just be mindful of what is happening around you with the peeps you rolled with; put up with long times for check-in and the cafe and enjoy yourself.
    They just bumped all of the rates for the year, also.
    They do have a nice gas dock and shore pump, though.

Rock-A-Bye-Baby
    i am considering the kitchen cabins for about 3 nights. i'll be keeping it low since it will be me, the wifey, and the kids. My 3 and 5 year olds like to party but the keep it cool!!!
    I am getting mixed messages on the place. aside from their strictness, it should be alright. and if it sux, i won't come back!

TeamGreene
    How hard is it to get a site on the water? Can you reserve any site? Or is it first come first serve.

Mrs. casean
    How hard is it to get a site on the water? Can you reserve any site? Or is it first come first serve.
    When I made our reservation for Memorial weekend, it is a first serve kinda basis in the row you want. Not sure if you can request a particular site you want... I'm looking forward to checking it out that weekend, it will be our first time so I'll just behave and obey the rules

Mrs Luvnlife
    i am considering the kitchen cabins for about 3 nights. i'll be keeping it low since it will be me, the wifey, and the kids. My 3 and 5 year olds like to party but the keep it cool!!!
    I am getting mixed messages on the place. aside from their strictness, it should be alright. and if it sux, i won't come back!
    Never stayed in the cabins so I can't relay any info. on that, but we have a 5 1/2 yr. old and a 2 1/2 yr. old and we've been there the past 2 years and we've NEVER had any problems. We party our a$$es off, but if you know how to be somewhat respectful.....I'm thinking you'll have no problems. It really isn't that hard (I dont' think)....maybe others tend to go a bit overboard...I don't know. I am a bit short for patience so if they piss me off you'll be the first to hear about it, I can assure you!! We've pulled up and I guess didn't cross the 'do not pass' line so we were o.k., I think we may have parked in the red zone, and didn't get booted.......give it a shot and like you say...don't go back if it isn't for you. We do the Motorhome thing so I have no idea what the kitchen deals are like, but take a chance and see what you think.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast