Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: 565 cid Blown Need Help

Customlinkage
    Hello everyone.
    Want to build a 565 cid tall deck BBC 1071 Mooneyham, BDS comp manifold, two (2) 1150 Holley's, 8.5 static comp JE's, 6.535 H beams 4340, 4.25 Cola crank. Dart heads, Olson oil cooler. MSD Ignition with retard system, 1 degree per lb boost, 34 BTDC locked out.
    Want to use 16-19 psi of boost. Union 110 or VP fuel. In a 19' Jet drive, droop & place diverter, A/B impaller SS.
    What do you think, will it work?
    cl

racingrascal
    You will probably need to go to an A Impeller. How much Hp do you want to make or how fast do you want to go?
    Andy

HYDROMOBILE
    Buy a new hull !!!!! a Tunnell

nastyhabit
    hey cl im running a 540 tall 750 HP twin 1050 dominators tunnel ram alum bo-tie heads
    arais pistons carillo rods chev steal crank dan ollson coller twin 110 mallery fuel pumps 1 for each carb twin oil filters(works great runs the tanks down even)MSD dis MSD digital-6 box and coil(currenty a mag) 16qt pan 11.5 comp headers running 92 pump gas w/no prob and it will suck 22 gal of fuel in no time in and im ging with a b-impllr this year,in a 1976 18" eliminator bubble deck hope you got a good job to pay for race gas,i havent made tripple digs yet but close a tunnels the way to go for speed, hydromobile is right.... nastys moter in a tunnel would do a hundy+ with no prob

HBjet
    nastyhabit, MAN is that a lot of carb for that motor. No wonder why you are burning fuel so fast. What's with the dual fuel pumps and oil filters? Not knocking ya, just wondering. Is your pump setup for that HP? what impeller are you running? Aluminum, SS, Bronze? I would think you could get away with 2 750 carbs (better throttle response) and 1 fuel pump (unless you wanted to use the second as a backup if the first one fails) and 1 large oil fiter. Anyway, do you have an pics, and what speed have you reached so far. I also think an A/B impeller with cav. reducer would work great.
    HBjet

nastyhabit
    HBjet the twin fuel pumps are one for each carb they empty the tanks almost the same then the boat rides perfect and 750s are for girls,it goes just fine untill you put your foot in it, and like farris buller said if you had this much HP would you do it, twin oil filts,extra oil, extra clean with a dan ollson cooler the only thing that keeps a jet boat alive is proper temp and fresh oil (60weight )the pump has an A impeller now and i can fry it jack McClure of marine preformance wanted to run a B and a posible droop for the HP, ask river dave he herd it i drove past the op6 no# 1 and rattled the windows a day late, i dont have a scaner yet to put up pics if i see kwickerbitchen at the swap meet sunday ill see if he will post sum or if your going to the long beach swap sunday my pgr is 714- 246- 9550 sam

Heatseeker
    I plumbed both of my tanks together through a tee to the fuel pump. It pulls the tanks down even and was a lot cheaper than a second pump!

ChetCapoli
    Originally posted by HBjet:
    nastyhabit, MAN is that a lot of carb for that motor. No wonder why you are burning fuel so fast. What's with the dual fuel pumps and oil filters? Not knocking ya, just wondering. Is your pump setup for that HP? what impeller are you running? Aluminum, SS, Bronze?
    HBjet
    Hey HB,
    Dont you knock me for asking this same kinda stuff?? Just wondering is all.
    BTW, nastyhabit,
    what speed and rpm are you running?? I'm curious also.
    thanks
    chet

76 sanger hydro
    buy a v drive dont waste your time on a pump

HBjet
    Originally posted by Heatseeker:
    I plumbed both of my tanks together through a tee to the fuel pump. It pulls the tanks down even and was a lot cheaper than a second pump!
    I run my tanks the same way, empty's them evenly. I just don't see the purpose of dual fuel pumps unless one is a backup. I would run the T and re-config the pumps so I had a main, then if that went out, have a back-up with a flip of a valve and hook up the power. Anyway, that's just me. I also would like to know the speed, if you have all that and still haven't seen 100mph, I would think something there is wrong. If your hitting 98 then I take that back.
    Chet, I only thru in the Bronze for you buddy!
    HBjet

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast