Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: Boat wont run???????

How difficult is removing the bowel?
    It will depend on the pump and installation, but the bowl itself is only attached with 8 bolts.

steelcomp
    I am going to get the boat from storage now, be back in a few and post the pics. How difficult is removing the bowel?
    It takes a steady hand, and a large incision across the abdomen. You're going to have to go through several layers of muscle...take your time and be patient...you want to remove the bowel, but not cut into it. Now when you....
    oh...you meant bowl...sorry... :notam:

BiggusJimbus
    Are you running old/bad gas? Clean out your fuel filters and float bowls.
    I bet you're problem is fuel delivery.
    Jimbus.

essexjet
    Are you running old/bad gas? Clean out your fuel filters and float bowls.
    I bet you're problem is fuel delivery.
    Jimbus.
    I dont think so because the motor revs fine it just wont go forward
    It takes a steady hand, and a large incision across the abdomen. You're going to have to go through several layers of muscle...take your time and be patient...you want to remove the bowel, but not cut into it. Now when you....
    oh...you meant bowl...sorry... :notam:
    Sorry its a paramedic thing

essexjet
    Well took some pictures of what I could of the impeller, sorry you cant see much because of the loader
    http://www2.***boat.com/image_center...05100_0985.JPG
    http://www2.***boat.com/image_center...05100_0991.JPG

steelcomp
    Have you checked everything else like timing, condition of your igntion, etc? Is there any way your exhaust could be clogged?
    I disagree that it's in your pump. Are your secondaries opening all the way, or even at all? What kind of carb do you have?? If you have an engine cover or hatch, make sure there's nothing interfearing with your throttle linkage after you close it. I also think there might be something to your reverse maybe not being all the way up if you had cable problems. Your pump looks OK from here. The bowl comes off easily enough, but sometimes the transom adapter can be a real pain in the ass. I'd be looking other places. :coffeycup

Well at least one of the blades looks OK. Can't see much of the others.
    Yea the motor goes up to 4500 rpm but does not go. I run normal up to around 2800-3000rpm and then it stops any forward progress
    Let's go back to the beginning before tearing anything else apart. The quote above, are you saying that you cannot rev past 3000 rpm while in the water or are you saying it will turn to 4500 on the water but doesn't gain any more speed than it did at 3000rpm?

essexjet
    Well at least one of the blades looks OK. Can't see much of the others.
    Let's go back to the beginning before tearing anything else apart. The quote above, are you saying that you cannot rev past 3000 rpm while in the water or are you saying it will turn to 4500 on the water but doesn't gain any more speed than it did at 3000rpm?
    Thats it, it will increase in rpm just fine like I'm getting in plan but at the 3000 mark it quits gaining speed. It is exactly like when I suck up some grass and have to pull it out of the loader.

essexjet
    Have you checked everything else like timing, condition of your igntion, etc? Is there any way your exhaust could be clogged?
    I disagree that it's in your pump. Are your secondaries opening all the way, or even at all? What kind of carb do you have?? If you have an engine cover or hatch, make sure there's nothing interfearing with your throttle linkage after you close it. I also think there might be something to your reverse maybe not being all the way up if you had cable problems. Your pump looks OK from here. The bowl comes off easily enough, but sometimes the transom adapter can be a real pain in the ass. I'd be looking other places. :coffeycup
    I sorry I may have not explained it properly. I hope the above reply clears it up. I my knowledge the motor is fine.
    BTW it a indmar 454 with holley 750 double pumpers. All stock from indmar

Thats it, it will increase in rpm just fine like I'm getting in plan but at the 3000 mark it quits gaining speed. It is exactly like when I suck up some grass and have to pull it out of the loader.
    If the rpm continues to increase past 3000, but speed does not increase, then I would look in the pump.
    If rpm only goes to 3000 and no higher, then I would look to the engine for fuel/air/spark issues.

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast