Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Three Hour Council Meeting Aarrrggg!

Mtg Pro
    Boxscore I couldn't agree with you more. We tend to use the channel as a gathering spot on our way to other destinations on the lake. I'm tired of some young punk making a rude comment to one of my 5 girls. I get a chuckle at the hypercrits on this board that call for more LE, yet complain when they enforce the laws on the books and ruin their time. I was in the channel 4/30, the exhaust from all the big boats was just too much. We also saw several accidents. The simple fact is there were too many boats in to small of space. I don't agree with many of the proposals that I have read. I would think that more LE to enforce the current laws on the books would curtail much of the problems around nudity, public drunkenness, and smoking of pot.

Havasu_Dreamin
    Mooring permits certainly does not seem like the way to go. I can only speculate as to what the logic behind the decision is. Perhaps they think by requiring you to purchase your spot this will reduce the number of boats in the channel because some people simply won't pay for it. However, what does that do to boats that just want to traverse the channel? Will they literally restrict access once a certain number of boats is reached? Therefore, not allow another boat in until a nother boat leaves? What about the people that have rooms at the London Brdige Resport and a slip to go with it? Will they be restricted from accessing the channel to get to their slip? Will they have to purchase a "channel pass" to get to their slip? What about someone that has a slip at the marina, will they be froced to go around the island instead of thru the channel to get to it. What if you're getting towed in from upriver and you need to get back to the Nautical or the Marina, do they have to tow you around the island instead of thru the channel? Although towing through the channel is not exactly the best idea IMHO anyway. What about the people that own the condos just south of the bridge? I know they are not guaranteed a beach spot in front of their condos, but what if they want to get back to their condo? Do they need to purchase a channel pass?
    BTW, to all of you with the "Phuck you, it's a big lake, go somwhere else I can do whatever the phuck I want even if it is illegal!" mentality, thanks, that mentality is what is brining this on. Once again, the majority gets screwed because of the actions of the minority.

Not So Fast
    START THOSE E-MAILS, IT'S THE ONLY THING WE HAVE!!! And much to my surprise the council did in fact bring up that they were recieving emails on other subjects last nite, complaints about various subjects so they do read them. Believe me when I say there are some REAL STICKS IN THE MUD on this council :boxed: I dont want to be an alarmist but there is a faction here that says "JUST SHUT IT DOWN" and I would hate to see that because for all the problems with the channel it is still fun to be in it or just cruise it and people watch except on the bad days! We gotta fight this or they will take it away so get on those computers and start complaining. NSF

OutCole'd
    Just sent mine off.

That Guy
    Just sent mine off.
    Me too.... :220v:

Essex502
    I find it incredible that if you criticize the dumbasses who can't behave themselves in the channel, then you get immediately flamed by them. We've all heard it... "don't bring your family around if banging my girl offends you".... "if you don't want you're 7 y/o seeing me smoke weed, don't bring her into the channel...go find a quiet cove" yada yada yada. Now their gonna take away large sections of beach. Great. Thx dumbasses who perpetuate the problems that exist.
    100% agreement here! Just past week or so some dumbasses were saying this exact thing...if you don't like what you see go elsewhere....now they will go elsewhere and pollute the more family friendly spots. Those A$$holes suck.
    Here's the thread with all the mental midgets telling us to go elsewhere: Leave if you don't like it. (http://www2.***boat.com/forums/showt...=smoke+channel)
    And another: Stay away if you don't like it. (http://www2.***boat.com/forums/showthread.php?t=75860)

Mrs. 4-B
    This thread needs to be kept alive so we can keep the channel open for all.

OutCole'd
    100% agreement here! Just past week or so some dumbasses were saying this exact thing...if you don't like what you see go elsewhere....now they will go elsewhere and pollute the more family friendly spots. Those A$$holes suck.
    Here's the thread with all the mental midgets telling us to go elsewhere: Leave if you don't like it. (http://www2.***boat.com/forums/showt...=smoke+channel)
    And another: Stay away if you don't like it. (http://www2.***boat.com/forums/showthread.php?t=75860)
    Thanks for bringing these threads back up.

bigkyle
    Just sent my email off to the Mayor and Council. Believe me, residents or not, if we get enough of these emails, letters, and appearances before the Council, we might make a difference. I work in a local city and just few complaints, resident or not, will catch the attention of our Council. Then again, the Havasu Council isn't my Council.

bigkyle
    Hey Boxscore, another post! I'm getting up there.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast