Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Three Hour Council Meeting Aarrrggg!

boxscore
    Hey Boxscore, another post! I'm getting up there.
    Way to go big boy.

Havasteve
    I imagine 400 ft swaths of beach where about 35 boats used to be being filled shoulder to shoulder with about 600 people on the beach and in the water. Does the city think that removing the boats and making room for more people on the shore line is the answer? I can see it now.

dc96819
    They should give passes to people staying in that vicinity,that would ease the crowds and everything elese. :coffeycup

outboardrick
    Just want to say thanks to notsofast for going to the meeting when some of us have to work and can't go (no stab intended nsf ). I for one will not let my lake use be determined by the skateboard, I have to be in front of your face and make you look at my ignorance, crowd. I think we should show our Arizona license with our Havasu residence address to be allowed into the channel. The rest of you can go to Lake Perris or Elsinore or where ever you come from. I know for a fact that I spend a whole lot more money living here than I ever did being a tourist and I've owned a home here for 12 years.
    I will defend my town till my last breath. I will defend even my balls challenged neighboors if they don't stand up and protect our city.
    I, with the utmost respect of all others who boat with the old rules, would submit for all of your approvial, a humble idea. How about if all of us like thinking boaters were to fly a flag, or t-shirt, or sticker, or ?, and come together and not allow the trash to screw up our domain. What if we took upon ourselves to monitor our own responsibilities? What if we, as a group, did not allow the trash to ruin our lake? What if we were to all stick together and stop the assinine city council from dictating where and when we can boat. How about we all stick together and watch each others back and take care of buisness.
    I'm sorry for the Jerry Meguire moment, for I have had a few cocktails. I may be sorry for this post in the morning. But it is raw and from the heart. Feel free to bash me if you like.
    Rick

C-2
    Feel free to bash me if you like.
    Rick
    Ahh, nevermind.

outboardrick
    C-2
    :smile:

SDLifesaver
    Outboard Rick maybe onto somthing. I think everyone who has residence in Havasu should be exempt from any user fees that may come up in the future regarding the channel and can be proved by ID, License, ect. The real problem is the early 20's crowd that visits LHC and because in their narrow mind this body of water that has been there for 50 years or so is the best thing since sliced bread. If there were a SERIOUS police presence in the channel watching these idiots throughout the day and then rolling them up 1 by 1 or group by group alot of shit would slow down or stop. We have 3 kids and really like the channel for the safety that it provides from adverse weather on the lake and the beach for our kids to play on with other kids. We like the channel for all the same reasons everybody on Hot Boat likes the channel. Our friends are there, all of our kids can play together, there are clean restrooms for the ladies, trash cans, great meeting place, ect. I think the Hot Boat community as a whole needs to write the city council letters expressing their concerns, especially everyone who has a vested interest, ie. home owners, property owners, people who store their boats there, people who contribute to the local economy on a regular basis. Do you think these trouble making scum bags are the real bread and butter for this city? Hell no, it's us. The people who care. The city needs to hear this stuff because this town is doing really well right now. This city has grown tremendously in the last 5 years. Alot of this growth and annual revenue could slow down or stop completely if the City doesn't address this problem now and in the future and the water issues going on to the north in Needles with the PG&E plume of C6. Actually the water issues interest me more because if that stuff in Needles and the plume at the old chain saw plant in town contaminate the water this town will die faster than it was created. Everyone will own a basically worthless house in the summer. Snow birds will still retreat here because of the weather but Havasu is a summer time town as we all know.
    Get active people, not just vocal on this thread that no one with any political mojo reads or cares about. My .02

Not So Fast
    Outboard Rick maybe onto somthing. I think everyone who has residence in Havasu should be exempt from any user fees that may come up in the future regarding the channel and can be proved by ID, License, ect. The real problem is the early 20's crowd that visits LHC and because in their narrow mind this body of water that has been there for 50 years or so is the best thing since sliced bread. If there were a SERIOUS police presence in the channel watching these idiots throughout the day and then rolling them up 1 by 1 or group by group alot of shit would slow down or stop. We have 3 kids and really like the channel for the safety that it provides from adverse weather on the lake and the beach for our kids to play on with other kids. We like the channel for all the same reasons everybody on Hot Boat likes the channel. Our friends are there, all of our kids can play together, there are clean restrooms for the ladies, trash cans, great meeting place, ect. I think the Hot Boat community as a whole needs to write the city council letters expressing their concerns, especially everyone who has a vested interest, ie. home owners, property owners, people who store their boats there, people who contribute to the local economy on a regular basis. Do you think these trouble making scum bags are the real bread and butter for this city? Hell no, it's us. The people who care. The city needs to hear this stuff because this town is doing really well right now. This city has grown tremendously in the last 5 years. Alot of this growth and annual revenue could slow down or stop completely if the City doesn't address this problem now and in the future and the water issues going on to the north in Needles with the PG&E plume of C6. Actually the water issues interest me more because if that stuff in Needles and the plume at the old chain saw plant in town contaminate the water this town will die faster than it was created. Everyone will own a basically worthless house in the summer. Snow birds will still retreat here because of the weather but Havasu is a summer time town as we all know.
    Get active people, not just vocal on this thread that no one with any political mojo reads or cares about. My .02
    I believe the next meeting concerning the channel and possibly the vote on the outline from LHPD will be Tues the 17th. People in the seats really helps, check on this date though or better yet the agenda for that nite by calling the city. I'll try to find out and post results. NSF

OutCole'd
    How is it going NSF? Anything new?

Not So Fast
    How is it going NSF? Anything new?
    OC'ed Just talked with Brian Titullio (sp) the reporter for the Herald and he told me the next meeting concerning the channel would be on the 24th of this month. I will be there. NSF

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast