Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Hot Thunder Nationals In Brady Jun. 4th - 5th

Liberator TJ1984
    Shark, I am more than sure he will be at Brady if all goes well ??? He was having Carb issues at Waco for some reason ??? It ran like a scalded cat at the lake but had issues up there , who knows ?? I know it is buggin' the crap out of him.....
    Like I said , I would like mine to pass Tech and make a few runs , at least so I know on Paper what the boat will do...
    see ya at Medina anyways....
    Gopher

sdba069
    Pretty sure the ratchet or pop-off device aren't required unless you run faster than 10 seconds, it may even be faster than 9 seconds. You can find that info on the SDBA website or rulebook. Hey Kevin, thanks again for the shirts and you know I will help you any way I can. Hey Liberator, any idea how fast your boat is? David, you might as well come on down, too. We'll have both out blown alky Placecraft's there, as well as the rest of the herd. How about that 7.79 in the Place jet. That's the boat that all the guru's told me we'd never make run faster than 9 seconds with the lakeboat hardware. That was with a 4.30 1/8th mile E.T.

sdba069
    The blower itself doesn't dictate the use of the pop-off or ratchet. The E.T. does. If you are on gas you are not required to run a blower restraint, if you are on alky, you are. I believe that's injected alky, not carbed.

sdba069
    I just went to the website and looked at the rules. They state that all jet boats are required to have a ratchet and/or a pop-off. I do not believe that is correct, so I emailed John White and will get back to you guys with his answer. I know that there are lots of jets running without either, but they are not in the faster classes.

Shark In The Pond
    I just went to the website and looked at the rules. They state that all jet boats are required to have a ratchet and/or a pop-off. I do not believe that is correct, so I emailed John White and will get back to you guys with his answer. I know that there are lots of jets running without either, but they are not in the faster classes.
    I have been talking with White via e-mail on what all I need and will not need all the above . Garry are you going to Brady and if so do you think we need to try setting ride plate in between rounds to see if anything else might be there I have never tried it any different since you put it on ? I think we have about 5 of us running at Brady so I have plenty of help so if you got any tricks up your sleeves bring it with ya so I can try to makes some more ump between rounds ? And thanks for the offer on help trust me I will be picking your brain and buying parts in order to be a threat in RR II !

jdf
    you talking to me snow ??? well we had pebble's and bambam out last weekend ...and bambam gave her a run for on the nos and she was pissed but she forgot it was 175 shot and he was moving on..not bad for a motor that has very little done to it in 6 year's ..bye the way i was thinking about racing some this year just to mess with a few folk's

sdba069
    Hey David.......... I guess we'll have to start putting a little tune up in Pebbles. You guys are always welcome to come hang out with us at the races. Same goes to you, Kevin. We'll do whatever it takes. Did you find a helmet. The guy that drives our Top Sportsman car, the Cutlass, has a brand new helmet for sale, reasonable. I'll call him today and find out exactly how much. Below is John's reply to my email.
    __________________________________________________ _____________
    Gary they are required in Pro's and Sportsman on page 38. Page 39 describes brackets no pop off or ratchet is mention. We do not require them in brackets (10 SEC and slower) bottom line. Hope this helps.
    John A. White
    President
    SDBA
    713-944-4428 (wrk)
    281-334-0824 (hm)
    713-284-0758 (pager)
    713-898-6613 (cell)

Liberator TJ1984
    Thanks Garry,
    I had e-mailed SDBA on this and have not gotten a reply back...
    but you have pretty much answered what I wanted to know
    as far as how fast the boat will run I have no Idea :notam: it is running high 90's or better with 2# of boost SS A+ impeller @ 5700/5800
    I just stepped it up to 12# Boost @ 6200/6300rpm+- and have only stabbed the throttle for short little bursts to check tune up , that is the reason I would like to run it on the course ,..just to get some hard #'s on what she will do ??
    ps; where or how is the best way to tie in the Kill Switch on MSD7ML system

LewdAct
    Yo shark,,,, i will definately be at brady,, i hope to have all ,my issues worked out by then, i do have an extra RCI helmet size medium if any one is interested,, only used one season,, and has the holes already drilled for neck restraints,, will let it go cheeeeeep, see ya later shark ... Ken aka "cornbread"

blowngas
    ps; where or how is the best way to tie in the Kill Switch on MSD7ML system
    place it on the hot wire from the ignition switch ahead of the box

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast