Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Hot Thunder Nationals In Brady Jun. 4th - 5th

Liberator TJ1984
    Why yes I do
    But; I don't think IHBA is going to let me slide by on the rules
    called today and for ANY "Blown Application" from what they are telling me I must ALSO have.....
    Fuel Shutoff valve mounted within reach of driver...
    Blower Restraints Must be certified.....
    Jacket Certified, & Cert. Helmet w/restraints...
    Ratchet or Pop-Off is STRONGLY Recommended (depends on what mood they are in that day I guess)....
    A Neutral device that can be activated "at will" ????..
    Ballistic Shorts depending on ET & MPH.....
    Throttle Stop on Carb Linkage....
    I called Fagen but he was out , will try him again tomorrow and get the skinny on what is really a must to have....
    his assistant said since running a blower , I must meet all the credentials set forth for a Blown application NO Matter what class I try and run in....I tried the rule book and it states pretty much the same thing ???
    Ya think Brian will let me drop my motor in his Hydro ??? :idea:

sdba069
    You might want to try to get in touch with Ken Dollar about the fuel shut-off. Anything is possible, but I've been doing this a long time and I've never heard of any carbed engine requiring a fuel shut-off. I don't have one in either of our 8 second blown alky Placecraft's and SDBA and IHBA has never said a word about it. I don't believe blower restraints are required in any blown gas category either. Maybe I'm wrong, but it sounds like who ever you talked to has no idea. Never heard of anyone using a neutral device that can be engaged whenever either. According to how fast you run, assuming you are running in the Lake Racer classes, a lot of the things you mentioned are not required. I asked before, but don't remember if you told me,but, any idea what your boat runs, E.T. or MPH. If you have good reliable MPH data(GOOD RELIABLE) I can possibly give you some idea what to expect E.T. wise. I hope you don't have the same symptoms that every Liberator owner who ever comes down to this river has. For some reason, they all believe, at least around here, that a box stock 365 horse 454 in a 650 pound 19' Liberator will run 100+ MPH. Used to couldn't wait every weekend to pounce on one of them and embarass them with a tried and true 88 MPH TX-19, as per SDBA clocks. Not saying that about you, but that is what I'm used to here. Guess it's because we are so close to Liberator's manufacturing facility. I don't mind trying to help you out or get some answers for you if you want. My direct email is snowman069@hotmail.com or my business number is 254-889-3336.

jdf
    how true snow bye theway you know our little tx-19 has shut up alot of folk's { bambam} and he is a stock deal

Liberator TJ1984
    Thanks Garry,
    according to the rule book , it seems they have a " Blanket " of sort on the requirements.... i.e. asked what class I might run in, I answered SE , asked in what...I said Blown Gas Jet SE class , they replied ..requirements are listed in Tech specs page II-2 ,DAMN ??? same as Top Fuel guys ???
    everything I asked about referenced back to the tech pages, They do not break things out per class... just stated " theres the rules "
    as far as MPH , yes i will go out on limb and say right at 100mph ???
    ran against one boat that had GPS'ed at 92mph and pulled away from him with a passenger in my boat several times ...this was with 2# boost
    I just bumped up boost to 12# and still tuning on carbs .... spinning approx 6200+ rpm on SS A+ impeller...so a good guess you ask ??? high 90's for sure ??? if I get a chance I will try and get GPS on her
    Gopher

underdog
    well gopher i guess you cant run that shit box

Liberator TJ1984
    It's OK....gives me another reason to keep her on the Trailer

Liberator TJ1984
    well gopher i guess you cant run that shit box

I just got off the Phone with Mike Isham ( Tech .Inspector )
    He told me to Bring the " Shit Box " to the Water

Shark In The Pond

I just got off the Phone with Mike Isham ( Tech .Inspector )
    He told me to Bring the " Shit Box " to the Water
    When and where are you gonna race ? :crossx:

Liberator TJ1984
    Shark , gonna try and hit The Big Party Marble Falls
    Gotta work the rest of the races and actualy gotta take Vac.to make that one
    Just wanna hit the water and see what it will run :idea: ain't really that interested in winning anything , more to just say been there, done it and had fun , plus have time slips to show what the ol' shitbox will turn :boxingguy
    (she will be in full trim , sterio,amps,seats,dual fuel tanks.... etc....no stripdown )
    Gopher

Shark In The Pond
    Shark , gonna try and hit The Big Party Marble Falls
    Gotta work the rest of the races and actualy gotta take Vac.to make that one
    Just wanna hit the water and see what it will run :idea: ain't really that interested in winning anything , more to just say been there, done it and had fun , plus have time slips to show what the ol' shitbox will turn :boxingguy
    (she will be in full trim , sterio,amps,seats,dual fuel tanks.... etc....no stripdown )
    Gopher
    Well that was my plans also BUT :idea: I'm sure that I will be looking for a hull this winter to build a little something :rollside: You know what they say faster faster until the fear of death over takes the thrill of speed :skull:

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast