Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456

Thread: Hot Thunder Nationals In Brady Jun. 4th - 5th

sdba069
    Hey Lib.......... A true 100 MPH jet should run mid to high 10's. The big impeller will probably hurt you a little in the quarter mile as far as E.T. We've learned over the years that while that big impeller sounds good on paper, it usually hurts the 1/4 mile performnace. Our black Placecraft runs an "A" impeller with about 1350 HP. It will run in the 7.70 range at about 140. We turn it 7500-7600 RPM.The "AA" slowed it down over half a second. You can ask Jim Mann, who runs the Black Magic Cheyenne, he'll tell you the same thing. An "AB" or even a "B" might be a good choice for the quarter mile. maybe run in the Modified Eliminator(10 second) class. In my Mirage jet, I ran a "D" cut Aggressor mag bronze at 7100 RPM and ran low 9.20's at 112-114. That was 476 cubic inches with 1 carb on gasoline, no nitrous. We started with a "B" running 9.50 and by the time we got done cutting it a little at a time and testing, it was at a custom "D" cut. Not recommended for a blower/nitrous application. the best pass we ever made with that combo was 9.15 at 115, awesome air. these smaller cuts really work well with the use of a preloader/inducer and full open hardware. you should consider making the Brady race. It's a very racer friendly place to race. While Marble Falls is a pretty cool place to race, it is not very racer friendly. The pits are like a zillion miles away from the water, you can't see squat from the pits, plus I personally don't like dealing with IHBA politics. I ran in the very first race at Marble Falls in the 10 second class in my old Cheyenne. Well, that's enough for me. Let me know if I can help.

Liberator TJ1984
    Garry , I'll give you a ring here a little later :idea:
    Thanks

taylormanss
    Good luck to all you guys going to Brady .Wish we could be there but I got to work on these Honda Four strokes for the USCG that weekend. :hammer2: :hammer2: :hammer2: :hammer2:

blowngas
    Just wanna hit the water and see what it will run ain't really that interested in winning anything , more to just say been there, done it and had fun , plus have time slips
    enter it as a River Racer---we got you covered with jacket and helmet---run it like you stole it first and get a time slip ----then slow it down if you want----you can always step up and declare class at the end of qualifying if you want to or see how good a driver you are and do a little "baggin"---I have a current IHBA rule book---let me reread the bullsh*t about the blower restraints--push come to shove, I think you can take it off and run----most of that applys to the boats in the pro classes----if you talked with Mike and he said bring it, then you shouldn't have a problem----get with me the next time you come down

PGF545
    Anybody heading to Brady this weekend stop by and say hi. Nasty Habit PGF. Hopefully I got the stumble fixed, ask me after 1st round on Sat and I will let you know.
    Bernie

sdba069
    Good luck Bernie, see ya there.

ekimzark
    After a good clean day of racing Brady pictures are online @ www.mikeloesch.com scroll down to the big word NEW! flashing or click on dragboat pictures.

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456