Thread: Bush is a Liberal

CA Stu
    Right, Schiada76?
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Bush says massive deportation is not realistic
    - By NEDRA PICKLER, Associated Press Writer
    Monday, April 24, 2006
    (04-24) 10:23 PDT Irvine, Calif. (AP) --
    President Bush, rebutting lawmakers advocating a law-and-order approach to immigration, said Monday that those who are calling for massive deportation of the estimated 11 million foreigners living illegally in the United States are not being realistic.
    "Massive deportation of the people here is not going to work," Bush said as a Congress divided over immigration returned from a two-week recess. "It's just not going to work."
    Bush spoke in support of a stalled Senate bill that includes provisions that would allow for eventual citizenship to some of the illegal immigrants already here. Some conservatives say that would amount to amnesty.
    "This is one of the really important questions Congress is going to have to deal with," Bush said. The president said he thought the Senate "had an interesting approach by saying that if you'd been here for five years or less, you're treated one way, and five years or more, you're treated another."
    Standing in the center of a theater-in-the-round setting with an audience full of business people, Bush spoke sympathetically about the plight of foreigners who risk their lives to sneak into the United States to earn a decent wage. He said the U.S. needs a temporary guest worker program to stop people from paying to be smuggled in the back of a truck.
    "I know this is an emotional debate," Bush told the Orange County Business Council. "But one thing we can't lose site of is that we are talking about human beings, decent human beings."
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------
    I was ridiculed and called every name in the book, including "liberal" when I posted basically the same exact thing in the "Focking Illegal Immigrant Protesters" thread.
    Read 'em and weep.
    Thanks
    CA Stu <- voice of reason

Poster X
    He sure has been liberal with spending and interpreting the Constitution. You might be right?

bigq
    He does spend like one, for that matter the whole congress might be liberal. He is right though about the deportation, about the only thing he has been right on lately . He could have all businesses charge 10 - 20k for each illigal they have hired and have real enforcment, might lead to self deportation.

SmokinLowriderSS
    He certainly is spending money with the best of them, not just on war issues, but on give-away programs here at home too. The lack of any interest in border security/throwing about 11 million mexicans out of here is one of the things I'm ticked about too. I agree bigq, bust the employers hard enough, they won't hire them, and with no jobs, no federal/state handouts (stop those cold as ice), they'll mostly deport themselves. I'm sure we can help as many along their way tho.