Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Diesel Turbo Back Exhaust

SBullet
    Looking to put an Turbo Back Exhaust for my new F250 diesel, does is it void your warranty on your motor if you remove the Cat converter?

slingingsmoke
    only if you get caught! The awesome thing about MBRP/DPPi exhaust is that you can get a CAT delete pipe that fits in where your CAT goes. If you take it in for service, then all you have to do is unbolt the pipe and put the CAT back on.
    FWIW: my Diesel tech told me I can do whatever I want to my truck and bring it in for service and he won't void my waranty, EXCEPT for a Chip. Chips cause problems because most people aren't educated about EGT's and end up cooking their turbo. I think its a good idea to get guages even if you dont have a chip. EGT, Boost, and Tranny temp.
    anyways....get a turbo back kit from Mark Craig @ Diesel performance parts.
    They offer a Dual-stainless turbo back kit!
    hope this helps..
    JON

SBullet
    Slinginsmoke,
    Thanks for the info!! I am going to defielty get a Turbo BAck system! Do you have a Ford or a Chevy?

RidinRed
    the deal with chips is that they continue to reset any codes, i.e. too much fuel (is there such a thing), EGT's, Air ratio... Therefore scanning for trouble codes is impossible. You will have to remove or disconnect a chip, drive it for a while before you take it in for service.
    I don't know about the 'cat' other then passing a smog test. These days the cats are not really a problem. I know of 1 that runs the cat and no muffler. Turbo is always wound up though

SBullet
    the deal with chips is that they continue to reset any codes, i.e. too much fuel (is there such a thing), EGT's, Air ratio... Therefore scanning for trouble codes is impossible. You will have to remove or disconnect a chip, drive it for a while before you take it in for service.
    I don't know about the 'cat' other then passing a smog test. These days the cats are not really a problem. I know of 1 that runs the cat and no muffler. Turbo is always wound up though
    Thank for the info. I think I am just going install a catback system to be safe.

slingingsmoke
    AAAAAAAAAHHHHHHH...DOnt be fooled!
    A diesel does NOT need backpressure. And we dont GET SMOG CHECKS!!!
    Get the turbo back kit. I have an '04 F250 6.0 Diesel.
    We have a Variable Vane turbo, meaning the vanes on the turbo turn in order to produce the most useable boost over the whole RPM range.
    CATs do not belong on Diesel motors. They clog up an cause premature failure!
    The other advantage of a turbo back kit is the New turbo down pipe. This is what realy sets the pace for the whole exhaust system.
    CAT back does nothing but change the sound!
    I think you know what to do....
    JON

RidinRed
    Well, that is a first! NV has smog for diesel (when 3 years old) and not CA? I thought the flaming "Lib's" would have imposed that by now. Any way, I think there is a reason why Banks the leader in performance for diesels would sell a down pipe, intermediate, muffler and tail pipe leaving the stock Cat. Then again it's just my .02

slingingsmoke
    BTW-if you buy Banks, Your just paying for the name. They have crappy customer service. All they want is your $$$$.
    Gale Banks is a great guy. He grew up with my uncle. but his company is all about the benjamins.

Caribbean Jet
    I have a 04 F250 Turbo Diesel and was asking neighbor what who has the same truck about his exhaust, he said that he loved it but was not to excited when he went back to the dealer. He needed to have some warranty work done for a small oil leak and the dealer told him that with out having the CAT on he would not do any warranty work. He was confused because the exhaust did not cause the leak but they refused to do anything. He went back to the place where he had the exhaust done and asked them to out the CAT back on and now he's waiting to see what happens.
    Be careful if you want to keep your warranty, my suggestion is to call your dealer.

SBullet
    I have a 04 F250 Turbo Diesel and was asking neighbor what who has the same truck about his exhaust, he said that he loved it but was not to excited when he went back to the dealer. He needed to have some warranty work done for a small oil leak and the dealer told him that with out having the CAT on he would not do any warranty work. He was confused because the exhaust did not cause the leak but they refused to do anything. He went back to the place where he had the exhaust done and asked them to out the CAT back on and now he's waiting to see what happens.
    Be careful if you want to keep your warranty, my suggestion is to call your dealer.
    I call the dealer and they have told that if I take the cat out and do a turbo back exhaust it would void my warranty! :devil: I think I am just going to install the Banks System!! :cry:

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast