Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: iPod Question

Magic34
    I just bought the wife an iPod mini (6gb) for Mother's Day, but I did get in silver, so I wouldn't feel gay using it.
    So I asked the guy what people are using to look them up to their car stereos because I figure, now we've got one, why not use it. I bought the FM tuner (program a radio station from the iPod to car/boat stereo), is that what everyone is using to play these in the boats, or is it wired somehow?
    Is this tuner going to sound like a$$ on a decent system, or will it sound like a cd?
    Thanks fellas!!

h2oski2fast
    I just bought the wife an iPod mini (6gb) for Mother's Day, but I did get in silver, so I wouldn't feel gay using it.
    So I asked the guy what people are using to look them up to their car stereos because I figure, now we've got one, why not use it. I bought the FM tuner (program a radio station from the iPod to car/boat stereo), is that what everyone is using to play these in the boats, or is it wired somehow?
    Is this tuner going to sound like a$$ on a decent system, or will it sound like a cd?
    Thanks fellas!!
    It's only going to sound as good as the tuner section of the radio. Plus the the stereo seperation is not that good on the cheap FM transmitters that they use.

Magic34
    It's only going to sound as good as the tuner section of the radio. Plus the the stereo seperation is not that good on the cheap FM transmitters that they use.
    So it sucks..... What is everyone using, these tuners or is there a wired way to do it?

ROZ
    Use 5 pair of female to male y adaptors and connect the ipod to your headphone jack using a mini stereo to rca adaptor! This way you don't need the headunit
    J/k

Magic34
    Use 5 pair of female to male y adaptors and connect the ipod to your headphone jack using a mini stereo to rca adaptor! This way you don't need the headunit
    J/k
    Would probably work better than the Sony headunit.

phebus
    J/k
    What about the Karaoke microphone, where does it plug in.

essexjet
    Michael, I just bought a new head unit and the ipod addapter. Now I can controll the ipod from the head unit. Works good
    http://www.circuitcity.com/IMAGE/pro...DEHP7700MP.JPG

Magic34
    Michael, I just bought a new head unit and the ipod addapter. Now I can controll the ipod from the head unit. Works good
    http://www.circuitcity.com/IMAGE/pro...DEHP7700MP.JPG
    By the way, I'll have something you want in about 2-3 weeks.
    Thanks, but they just put the stereo in and I didn't fight with headunits so I just used the Sony with MRC-2 remote, especially since I have a bezel for it, most important part.
    I was just on the iPod website, and it seems that the tuner is the only thing to use.
    So the question is, really, how bad does it sound with that tuner on quality speakers? I am running Focal and don't want them to sound like Jensen.
    I am guessing that the closer the iPod is to the head unit, the better it sounds.
    I'll get all DCB with the iPod and ziptie it to the headunit with 20 zipties.

ROZ
    What about the Karaoke microphone, where does it plug in.
    I have a feeling you've already done this, I mean come up with the answer, I mean done this

ROZ
    By the way, I'll have something you want in about 2-3 weeks.
    Thanks, but they just put the stereo in and I didn't fight with headunits so I just used the Sony with MRC-2 remote, especially since I have a bezel for it, most important part.
    I was just on the iPod website, and it seems that the tuner is the only thing to use.
    So the question is, really, how bad does it sound with that tuner on quality speakers? I am running Focal and don't want them to sound like Jensen.
    I am guessing that the closer the iPod is to the head unit, the better it sounds.
    I'll get all DCB with the iPod and ziptie it to the headunit with 20 zipties.
    TrojanDan and ElChingon have an Ipod set up with their Sony deck

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast