Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Put-up or get put out of the Channel

mickeyfinn
    Thank you, but I didn't put this out there to have my spelling or grammar critiqued.
    So Put up or Shut up. They need to hear all of our opinions!
    Whether you put it out to be critiqued or not doesn't matter. I have worked for local government for many years and can tell you that spelling and grammar do make a difference. If you write a letter that has spelling and grammar mistakes that could have been avoided by any third grader with a dictionary, I promise that your opinion will be given about the same amount of consideration that a third grader would receive. The words in your letter sounded well thought out. Now that you have been armed with the information from boatcop, you can rewrite the letter to ask them to make the request from Mohave and use spellcheck and maybe you will get the consideration that you feel you deserve. Notice I didn't identify any specifics, not trying to critique your spelling. Just advising you to critique your own before you send it to someone whom you expect to give it official consideration.

Boatcop
    So we are to believe that the LHC council had nothing to do with the sandBar Closing?
    That is correct. The Sand Bar is some 15 miles out of the city limits. When Sheriff Sheehan proposed, and the Mohave County Board of Supervisors approved the closure, you can bet he wasn't taking any marchng orders or other input from The City of Lake Havasu.
    They had absolutely nothing to do with it.

KLEPTOW
    That is correct. The Sand Bar is some 15 miles out of the city limits. When Sheriff Sheehan proposed, and the Mohave County Board of Supervisors approved the closure, you can bet he wasn't taking any marchng orders or other input from The City of Lake Havasu.
    They had absolutely nothing to do with it.
    So how does this work Mohave County gave the order, and San Bernardino puts the bouys out umm.... sounds fishy to me.

Big Warlock
    I need to get my popcorn and drink.........
    I think Kachina had something to do with the closure of the sandbar........
    Any takers????

Boatcop
    Copper Canyon and the Sand Bar are two different things. San Bernardino orders the closure and placed the bouys at Copper Canyon to mark the channel in..
    Even though the Sand Bar is more to the Arizona side of the River channel, San Bernardino and Mohave Counties share jurisdiction, along with Arizona Game and Fish, California Fish and Game, the US Fish and Wildlife Service, Coast Guard and BLM. The crowds in the area affect the entire River, shore to shore. San Bernardino has the ability to set and remove the bouys with ease, so they do it for the common good.

Mandelon
    Copper Canyon and the Sand Bar are two different things. San Bernardino orders the closure and placed the bouys at Copper Canyon to mark the channel in..
    Even though the Sand Bar is more to the Arizona side of the River channel, San Bernardino and Mohave Counties share jurisdiction, along with Arizona Game and Fish, California Fish and Game, the US Fish and Wildlife Service, Coast Guard and BLM. The crowds in the area affect the entire River, shore to shore. San Bernardino has the ability to set and remove the bouys with ease, so they do it for the common good.
    Could they close the channel as well, should they decide to?

Not So Fast
    Thank you, but I didn't put this out there to have my spelling or grammar critiqued.
    So Put up or Shut up. They need to hear all of our opinions!
    RB; the council actually had one member who brought up this specific question during the meeting tuesday nite. The city had nothing to do with the closing of either the Sandbar or Copper Canyon. the feeling I had was that they would like them both to be opened up, and they should with a NO LIABILITY SIGN _ ENTER AT YOUR OWN RISK but that wont happen.The only areas they control are the channel and Thompsons Bay and that was even in question as to how far they do have jurisdiction(sp). It's a pretty bad situation right now and it is up in the air as to what will happen and it doesn't look good. What a shame :cry: I still believe that REAL enforcement of existing laws and STIFFER FINES would rectify a lot of the behavoir, and the best quick fix would be make the channel one way on weekends, not that I like the idea but it's the lesser of the evils and can be switched back to normal when the crowds are smaller with little manpower!!! Time will tell, and everybody should be emailing the city council right now because it sounded to me like the go ahead was given to take away about 1200 to 1500 feet of mooring (The LHPD had a chart showing about 3 or 4 sections of 400 ft each) in the channel although I think they should have to vote on it and they didn't. I'm tring to go to all of the meetings but good GOD is it boring. And who cares about your spelling at least you gave them an earful. lets hope it's not too late NSF

phebus
    It's Havasu, if he used spell check, they wouldn't understand it.
    I think it's called Havabonics.

phebus
    NSF, thank you very much for your reporting of the actions of the city. Awareness is key to being proactive to the possible actions of the city council.
    I owe you a drink, and would love to meet you, and share one with you.
    Rick

TCHB
    Lets see here
    Drugs in the city
    Wages as low as dirt
    School system continues to struggle
    Crime in the city
    Sewer system costs out of control
    Channel boat parking
    Sandbar
    This is typical Goverment wasting time, our money, and brain power.

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast