Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Need a boat

Kwicherbichen
    Originally posted by superdave013:
    [QUOTE]Originally posted by nastyhabit:
    [b]where were you a coulpe of months ago i tryed to give away a jet pickle fork w/trailer just needed a moter i gave the pump to another board member and the guy cut up the boat and trashed it---nasty
    Well the boat wasn't as great as it sounded. It really would have been an unmeasurable amount of work. It had been sitting (poorly covered) for so long that some areas looked like they were delaminating. It would have been a decent boat to grab about 5 years ago.
    Trust me, if you look hard enough in the Trader you WILL find something workable within your budget. Try to be flexible but don't compromise too much on the price. If you let the seller of a junker take advantage of you on the boat price you won't have anything left over for the restoration.
    Another suggestion might be to start calling all the local boat dealers and repair shops. These guys sometimes have boats they took in trade or customers never paid for the repairs and the shop kept it in lien.
    Brian
    [This message has been edited by Kwicherbichen (edited March 11, 2002).]

jroos
    The first and most important advice I can give to you Blown is, "Don`t ever go in partners on a boat". Unless you plan on hating this person and never speaking to him again. For some reason, partners on a boat just isn`t meant to be. Its hard in business, girls, and cars, but GOD made a partnership in boats impossible. Now there is an exception to every rule. BigDaddy.
    BRF

Kwicherbichen
    Originally posted by jroos:
    The first and most important advice I can give to you Blown is, "Don`t ever go in partners on a boat". Unless you plan on hating this person and never speaking to him again. For some reason, partners on a boat just isn`t meant to be. Its hard in business, girls, and cars, but GOD made a partnership in boats impossible. Now there is an exception to every rule. BigDaddy.
    BRF
    I would tend to agree with jroos. At first it sounds like a way to tackle the cost of putting a boat together but you end up spending way more cash or time than you partner which creates some friction. Then if you ever get the job done there is bound to be conflicts with who gets the boat on whatever weekend. Who pays when it breaks and so on.
    Brian

HavasuDreamin'
    Pick up the Southern California Boat Trader from your local 7-11. This is where you will find what you are looking for. Be patient and don't compromise what you buy just to get something quick. Good Luck!

Jungle Boy
    [QUOTE]Originally posted by BlownChevy:
    [B]Hi me and my friend are looking for a boat to restore together in our backyard.
    There is a 1978 21' Taylor jetboat for sale for 500 bucks www.jetboatracing.com (http://www.jetboatracing.com) website. It has no motor or pump but they say it is in good condition.

liberator21
    a buddy has a youngblood for sale complete less motor set up for bbc. 281-445-6165 kevin it's in houston,tx

Tbolt
    HEY BlownChevy ,Dont know where your from but check www.sacbee.com (http://www.sacbee.com) sacramento news paper under boats & motors there is one in there 18' jet for a 1000. says it need work check it out dated 3/17/03 http://free.***boat.net/ubb/wink.gif

trex
    have 1978 19ft Avenger jet 455 berkly 12jc boat all original in great condition 4500.00

GM Killer
    '72 Howard Flat. Fresh 396, casale drive, dan olson wing, pipes and zoomies, tandem trailer, 90+. $6500 obo

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12