Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Timing?

Fiat48
    Especially alcohol. My highest exhaust temp ever was 2550 degrees. Never hurt a thing.

kojac
    I would be more afraid of detenation killing the pistons and bearings with that much timing on pump gas----I get nervous at 35 with 118 race fuel----don't know what boost you're running, but seems that temps should come down with different air/ fuel ratio------larger or smaller jets-----sometimes too rich conditions leave fuel still burning going out the exhaust and causes high exhaust temps----
    Running 94 jets in the 1150 dominators. 6#'s of Boost. Tried it with smaller jets and it backfired and coughed badly on the lake in the jetboat. On the dyno it seemed to like 98 jets for the most power. On exxon 93 octane with 11#'s of boost.
    We tried the innercooler on the dyno and only made 18 more horsepower however I am not convinced that the dyno was set up to get the maximum horsepower with the innercooler. It was cold in the dyno room when the motor was initially set up and I wasn't convinced that the water pressure was adequate to the cooler to achieve maximum performance.
    This is my first experience with blowers and had a hard time getting exhaust temperatures to come down initially. I thought that the boost was not allowing the intake valves to close properly. Went to a smaller cam.
    I am only running 6#'s of boost until I get the pump and bottom setup near right and then I will go to 10 or 11#'s of boost.
    After reading all the blower imput on the forums I am rethinking my setup.
    Plugs look good though.
    kojac

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12