Page 1 of 8 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Howard Sport Deck or E-Ticket Luxury Cat

Luki
    Why am I opening this thread?
    Sorry if some (or even all of you) thought, that I made the final decision for the Howard, but I think it's not done yet...
    I will use it in my business (driving people arround on the sea in Europe)
    I'm worried about:
    Howard:
    1. How will the Howard run with the 600sci and 10 or more people on board?
    2. How will be the reliability of the engine and the drive with that load?
    3. Has anybody the experience what the difference is in speed with 4 and 12 people on board?
    E-Ticket:
    1. Entering the boat only bowside
    2. Quiet heavy I think, even if it's a twin-engine Boat and a beam of 110" and a real length of 29'.
    3. Reliability should be better with twin engines and Maximus Props should make the ride very effective in the range between 3000 and 4000rpms.
    Now I really really not sure any more...
    Both Boates have very good positive things and bad things.
    What would you experienced boaters do?
    Thanks
    Toni

phebus
    Two totally different boats, but if you are routinely going to have 10+ people on board, I would say E-Ticket without a doubt.
    The E-Ticket is a very large boat, and the twins would be a big plus.

TCHB
    When you see both of them together ETicket is quite a bit bigger and will handle two engines. Both are great boats.

Mandelon
    10 people is a lot of people and weight. Would not a pontoon be better? Is it safe to go fast with that many customers/passengers?

dr. margarita
    Love the seating of the E-Ticket. Bitchen "U" shaped rear bench. Twin Ho's, 850hp and total reliablity! Slick look, my biggest concern is build quality. Not to say that its bad, but is it a Howard? Only matters if you care....
    Don't do a Merc 600 in the Howard, look at the Ilmore 625(the dealer is right next door, BT) for just a few more K.
    Biggest unknown factor....The Howard is all composite, not a piece of wood. Even with strong glass, it weighs in at 4800lbs!! Very light considering its size. Boat with just the driver went 70mph with an HO during a very recent test. Not bad!

SDLifesaver
    Luki, go ride in both boats. We have the Howard and it will be in Havasu over the Cinco De Mayo weekend, Phat Matt has the E-Tickit and he's always there. Make your decisions based on your experience in each boat. You can't go wrong either way. Good luck. Nick

BLOWN HOWARD
    With gas prices on the rise i would assume that a single engine would be better on gas..But if your buying either one of these you got a gas card!!!!!!!

Luki
    Thanks for the answers.
    I will wait for the tests of Deckboats that will come out im May I think (or in June) E-Ticket is the Deckboat of the year...
    I would like to have the Howard, but it is a little bit small for 10 or more people on it. I will have at least 14 seats on the boat, so the E-Ticket will be better with a lot more space, lenght and beam (73 square feet, 29', and 9'2")
    As in the test written, the quality of the hull the E-Ticket has is very very good, and it is very effective, and it will run probably about 75mph and the Maximus props. So I will have a very effective run between 3500 and 4000 rpms (the E-Ticket runs 64mph with twin 525 and Maximus props!) The reliability is much better with twin Engines and the fuel consumption will be about 20% higher than with a Single High-Power engine, or even less.
    But I have still to wait for some answers of these two manufacturers...

ButtBuoy
    What about Trident Revolution (http://www.tridentboats.com/)? Their boat seems to be the most customized boat I've seen. I don't know much about them, but talk about lots of attention to detail! A mere $169K....how does that stack up to Howard & E-Ticket prcies??
    wow, what else can you get for $169k?

Page 1 of 8 12345 ... LastLast