Does anybody know if someone makes a really really low profile valve cover breather...
I am having clearance issues between the new valve covers/breather and my engine hatch/cover.
I just bought a set of Moroso "Tall" valve covers (stamped blue anodized Alum). The old ones are angled style and the new ones are more rectangular and taller and the new breather I bought is way too tall (2 1/2 inches total) and I can't seem to find a shorter one. The clearance between the valve cover and the hatch is just over 1 inch.
Question: Is the venting provided by the hose in the other cover that runs to the intake manifold sufficient enough to run a filler cap on the other breather..?
Or maybe some suggestions of other solutions, maybe tee-ing the hose between the forward breather on the other cover and the intake manifold and not using a breather at all. Are there any reasons not to do this.
Cause hackin up the hatch is just too tacky for me... and I think a "puke tank " is over kill for my mild 'lil 460...Pics can be posted tomorrow evening..
Any advice is better than my best guess... Thanks in advance..
Yarder :coffeycup: