Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: just got Laid Off

SoCalKev
    Kev,
    Here in Havasu we work twice as hard for half the pay. Don't expect much lake time.
    Rick
    Is that concidered a cali residence? I surrre could use a nice tax break for re locating to another state!

shadow
    Kev,
    Here in Havasu we work twice as hard for half the pay. Don't expect much lake time.
    Rick

Luzzi treats you that good huh?Remind me to stay over @ Ford.
    I try to work half as hard and boat twice as much as in So Cal.

hoolign
    I found out wed. night that I am getting laid off next wed. The upper management wanted my boss to wait till the last day to tell me but fortunately he had more integrity than that but it still sucks.
    Does anyone out there need a mechanic with 25 years experience in automotive and light diesel equipment ?? I would like to stay in the northwest but that is not written in stone.
    Kevin Nelson mach1alaska@hotmail.com
    Have you ever thought about pulling wrenches in the oil and gas industry? Some of the bigger drilling companies are always looking for competent personell. NABORS is about the biggest and I know they have rigs in Montana. We just shipped a big one down there for us. Might be an avenue worth looking into. They have rigs all over the world!

hoolign
    My wife's uncle is a tool pusher for Nabors Drilling, I think he's working in Montana right now.
    right on..there is quite a bit going on there right now..alot of very deep wells.. I was thinkin on going down there to put in a couple of hitches.

mach1alaska
    Have you ever thought about pulling wrenches in the oil and gas industry? Some of the bigger drilling companies are always looking for competent personell. NABORS is about the biggest and I know they have rigs in Montana. We just shipped a big one down there for us. Might be an avenue worth looking into. They have rigs all over the world!
    Actually I am (or should say was) working in the oil fields in prudhoe bay Alaska and am used to 90 hr weeks. so I would definately be interested.
    Thanks for everybodys support . I Have so many ways I could go right now and so much is up in the air. I would be interested in working in the montana oil fields.If anyone has connections that would be great.
    Kevin Nelson mach1alaska@hotmail.com

Kachina26
    try www.needtechs.com , some decent stuff on there.

THATJEFFGUY
    So you got an early warning on the lay-off, maybe you should "accidently" slip and fall at work tomorrow. Disablity makes for a nice little vacation, especially during boating season...not to mention a little paycheck to help out on the gas and beer !

mach1alaska
    I started my new job resterday. I am still working in the frozen armpit of the universe(prudhoe bay Alaska) but at least I am still working.
    I am planning on selling a bunch of stuff when I get home. No I am not selling my Vdrive or jet but am intending to sell my 2002 TransAm convertible and 2004 chevy Avalanche.
    Kevin N

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123