Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Bailing out on Havasu

Perfect Mixer
    If you look at the cost of boating, we would all quit, but it's the value of boating that keeps us in the sport.
    Well said!

mtndewdrops
    Wow, I am sorry it did not work out. Can you take about 100 of your friends with you also?
    Sorry, I still have friends that are staying, so I will be out there occasional to visit. BOYZ trip coming up!
    I am not saying that the VALUE of boating is not worth the cost. I am just getting tired of running ragged maintaining all the toys and spending tons of money on Insurance, Fuel, Maintenence costs let alone a House with a swimming pool that loves to suck electricity. In the summer the pool runs 10-12 hours a day whether you are there or not.
    I only get 2 weeks of vacation a year and take a few additional weekend trips. I would like to sit on my assets and let someone else worry about the boat while I am sipping on Mai Tais...

mtndewdrops
    If you want to visit TN let us know....just dont sell the boat till you see the lakes and homes! Let me know if you want some current listings.... just to look at.
    Tenessee sounds good, send me a link! I am always interested in looking at different places.

malibuken
    Not to worry Dennis, you can always give a shout if you want to hit the water.
    And we can always hit Zigs place for a party, just do not tell him we are doing it.

Havasu Hangin'
    I would like to sit on my assets and let someone else worry about the boat while I am sipping on Mai Tais...
    No kidding. Maui is sounding pretty good when I'm sweating (and bleeding) all over the damn boat sometimes...

cola
    Nice boat.

NOTALENT
    If you want to visit TN let us know....just dont sell the boat till you see the lakes and homes! Let me know if you want some current listings.... just to look at.
    Hey Nashville...can u send me the link as well...just curious to see whats to offer...thanks.

carbonmarine
    I think this is a trend we shall start to seemore and more since most homes are 2nd homes. Thing are getting tight.
    I have three neighbors opting out all together as well ( all mid to young 40's ). They say they cant take the younger chit head/punk attitudes, the drugs in the channel, tweakers & theft in town and of course the rising cost's associated...
    All three have had break-in's and insurance was a nightmare to get resolved( both boat & home owners )...

mtndewdrops
    Not to worry Dennis, you can always give a shout if you want to hit the water.
    And we can always hit Zigs place for a party, just do not tell him we are doing it.
    Great Idea!!! Thanks Ken

mtndewdrops
    Nice boat.
    You should know, Mike...Thanks Sure you don't want it back???

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast