Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Could you pass the California Boating safety test?

Kachina26
    I had a friend that I boated with (actually gave me the bug) that constantly drilled this stuff in my head. I hate coming head on with some jackass that doesn't know which way he's supposed to turn

RiverToysJas
    I got the cartificate for that test 10-12 years ago when I got my first boat. AAA felt better about insuring me after I had taken it.
    RTJas

mike37
    Kinda my point!
    Not enough peeps even know there are navigation rules!
    Buy a boat, give them the keys and away you go.
    HDD
    and that port and starboard stuff
    wy do they need to make right and left so complicated

RiverToysJas
    Only the most OG of OP6'er will remember what the original intent of OP6 was! We were trying to get together to figure out how to make more boaters R.A. I pulled the following from the History of OP6 written by H4215 after OP6 2 (that was long time ago )......This is just the "What This Means" section.....
    What this means is we are completely surprised that this simple get together became an association of people the size it is today. Operation 6 Coolers is a group of individuals that enjoy having a good time at the river. Most of us are fond of Cold Beer and Hot Boats, but we try not to mix the two irresponsibly. One of the foundations of OP6C is upholding the ideals involved with being R.A., which is River Aware. River Aware means that you know and understand what it requires to have a good time at the river or lake without jacking yours, or anyone’s pursuit of boating pleasures! R.A. has many ideals, including understanding the sacrifice and commitment it takes to own a boat. These are things that can’t be taught in a classroom, but only learned through exposure to other people who are R.A. while spending time at the River. You can learn some of the basic ideals of R.A. in the Forums mentioned above. The River we are referring to is a series of waterways that California, Arizona, and Nevada boaters frequent. The River includes but is not limited to Lake Havasu, the Parker Strip, Lake Mohave, Blythe, and Lake Mead to name a few. As it stands right now OP6 is hoping to assist as many people as possible become R.A. so aspects of the river will become better, or aspects that have disappeared may have an opportunity to flourish once again. The basis of Operation 6 Coolers is to get together for like-minded conversation while having some “Good Times” at the river. Regardless of whether we achieve any civic minded aspirations we will always achieve our main objective; enjoying each others company.

Kilrtoy
    I got 69% I took the Frenchie school..................
    OUCH... That is gonna hurt...
    I'll take it later too long for what time i have right now...
    I'm probably gonna fail big time....

racecar.hotshoe
    OUCH... That is gonna hurt...
    I'll take it later too long for what time i have right now...
    I'm probably gonna fail big time....
    The wacker test is much harder.................

spectratoad
    Not done yet but this one has me stuck......??????
    37. Before departing on your boating outing, it is important that the operator has a ____ with his or her passengers.
    a. Beverage inventory
    b. Safety discussion
    c. A discussion to plan what to do after returning from the outing
    d. Towel check
    :wink: :wink:

Big Bear
    I only got a 77%. Guess I better study next time!

HCS
    80% There was alot more PWC questions than when I took it last time. :hammer2:

spectratoad
    I got a 68%. Those Nav questions got me. Been out of the Navy awhile. Going to have to try that again. :hammerhea

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast