Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: In need of 1/2 ton truck towing advise.

Mandelon
    Yeah there was a couple guys whose patience was less than there, What can i say? I still was able to do 50-55 and under 4000RPM. Dude how did you get the name mandelon? What kind of boat and motor package is in it?
    The Mandelon name was given to me by some of my Mexican workers when the wife called and I had to go.... :redface: I have a Laveycraft 21 with a 496HO. I tow with an 04 Silverado CC SRW Longbed and I'm amazed how well it pulls.
    Still waiting for the POSD owners to pass..... :hammer2:

Biglue
    It's definitely a cool name. I was just wondering if you spoke spanish and new what it meant. The coolest boat name I've seen is will work for food. Laveycraft, huh? cool stuff. 21 ft with a 496HO, sounds quick. Mine is a 26ft with the same motor package.

purrfecttremor
    i towed a 25 with a f150 for a year abd agree with hh just dont get in a hurry.

Jordy
    Still waiting for the POSD owners to pass..... :hammer2:
    Me too. Hasn't happened yet.

slingingsmoke
    Me too. Hasn't happened yet.
    I'll be on I-40 Eastbound to havasu this weekend....LOL

Mandelon
    It's definitely a cool name. I was just wondering if you spoke spanish and new what it meant. The coolest boat name I've seen is will work for food. Laveycraft, huh? cool stuff. 21 ft with a 496HO, sounds quick. Mine is a 26ft with the same motor package.
    Yah, yo se! I know what it means....its pretty ironic for the boat name. This is the fourth boat that I've bought without the wife seeing it...
    I saw a boat at Havasu called "Counter Fitter" Thought that was good one.

Racer277
    Yah, yo se! I know what it means....its pretty ironic for the boat name. This is the fourth boat that I've bought without the wife seeing it...
    I saw a boat at Havasu called "Counter Fitter" Thought that was good one.
    Last weekend we hung out with Trojan Dan and his boat "El Chingon".
    Very cool name. And boat. Good people all around that weekend.
    Also, Dusty Times' Anger Management is one of the best.
    sorry for the jack.... :rollside:

Essex502
    Towing with a 1/2 ton at the upper end of it's rated capacity can be challenging on the I-40 leaving Needles and heading to Barstow. The I-15 going to Vegas is worse at the Baker grade. Yes, the brakes will wear out faster. You'll be slower but the trade-off is having a nice all round truck when you are not towing. Having said that, I just acquired a 3/4 diesel for our next boat so as to not have the trade-off holding me back. Since this new truck is not a primary driver and stays in Havasu 11 months of the year it isn't a problem. Rides like a truck. Is noisy. Smells bad. But boy can it pull a load.

riverroyal
    just leave early

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12