Thread: rvrhlic

phebus
    Rvrhlic, I haven't seen any updates on your Raylar install, and was wondering if you got it dialed in yet, and what kind of numbers you were seeing?
    There was a whole lot of buzz over the Raylar kit, and quite a few people going with it, but I sure haven't seen much in the way of follow ups, and was wondering if it has lived up to the expectations people were expecting.
    The subject sure has died. I know Shadow is very happy with his, but that is the only real success story posted that I have seen.
    Let's hear some stories, I was interested, but my enthusiasm is dying quickly.

Mandelon
    Just wait till we get that LaZboy mounted on your Carrera. If we put it way out on the bow, it will seem faster.....Linda can drive!

Dr. Eagle
    Just wait till we get that LaZboy mounted on your Carrera. If we put it way out on the bow, it will seem faster.....Linda can drive!
    Don't forget the seat belt...

phebus
    Just wait till I get the tennis balls mounted to the legs of my walker. Then we'll see some speed. I have so many pain pills on board right now, I'm seeing double. Makes it hard to post, I have to edit everything I write about four times before I can hit the submit button. Lots of pain today.

rvrhlic
    Well..... Here is the update....
    The engine blew! My buddy ppicked up the new engine and it is on it's way to Aaron to get installed. I am not sure what happened as I was not even on the boat, Aaron was water testing it.
    On the bright side, everyone (Aaron @ Absolute and Ray @ Raylar) have been very helpful. I now have a fully forged 496 with 600hp. I am hoping the Aaron can get it in the boat by Saturday morning so I can use the boat, otherwise, look for us sitting on a cooler drinking in the channel.
    So, for me, the Raylar kit was not the thing to do to avoid having your pistons let go. I am sure I will be happy with the engine for a while until I need to add more... a blower is an option now atleast.
    I would say look for me this weekend but not sure if we are going to be on the water........

Matt99DECH
    any idea what caused this?
    my motor is being yanked from my boat as we speak to have a raylar kit installed.

rvrhlic
    Weak pistons in the stock motor caused it. Obvioulsy it doesn't happen to everyone but it is a risk and it can happen. I ran my boat 2x after the kit was installed before the engine blew.
    any idea what caused this?
    my motor is being yanked from my boat as we speak to have a raylar kit installed.

OutCole'd
    Wow, that really sucks. Glad to hear they are stepping up & getting you back on the water, the season is still early.