Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Hot Boat........... Mercury

dicudmore
    Tube portion sucked, if all I wanted was ads on tubes I'd search for my Overtons catalog. They didn't even go out and test any of these tubes to see what ones were the funnest. I don't really want a magazine that does nothing than go to the manufacturers website or catalog and reprint their ads and call it a magazine. They could have at least done this type of thing for props or something performance related and print what the manufacturers claim about particular models, but for tubes I think about everyone that reads ***boat will just go to the local store and buy whatever they have on the shelf that will hold a kid or two.
    one of the OTHER mags did a tube test a couple years ago w/Robby Gordon's 28' cat as the tow boat and Robby as the test rider...that was pretty good reading

cjordan
    Actually, Brunswick owns Merc, Baja, Sea Ray, Maxim and Bayliner. None of which are big ***boat advertisers. I'd say it's because 90% of their advertisers use Merc power when not building a jet. But I don't really think Merc is in bed with LFP or ***boat.
    You forgot to include Fountain in that mix.... :hammerhea Riles up the gold chain gang every time....

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12