Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: What's the Strangest Thing.....

Boatcop
    Hey Allan,
    Would you post a pic of your PBR's? lol
    Here in Missouri they use all outboards. What is the reason for jets?
    so you can keep up with the jets at the river?
    Ken F
    http://www.co.la-paz.az.us/images/boating/boats1.jpg
    We have some shallow water in our patrol area. About 110 miles of the Lower Colorado River, and most of it is between 3 and 10 feet with hundreds of shifting sandbars.
    Keep up with the other Jets?
    Not hardly. The ones we have now are off-the-shelf Sea-Doo 20' Challengers. Stock 200 Optimax Mercury Sport Jets.
    Our other boats are 19' and 20' Boston Whalers with 225 Optimax Outboards. We'll be replacing them with newer models later this year with 250 Merc 4 strokes.

MAXIMUS
    http://www.co.la-paz.az.us/images/boating/boats1.jpg
    We have some shallow water in our patrol area. About 110 miles of the Lower Colorado River, and most of it is between 3 and 10 feet with hundreds of shifting sandbars.
    Keep up with the other Jets?
    Not hardly. The ones we have now are off-the-shelf Sea-Doo 20' Challengers. Stock 200 Optimax Mercury Sport Jets.
    Our other boats are 19' and 20' Boston Whalers with 225 Optimax Outboards. We'll be replacing them with newer models later this year with 250 Merc 4 strokes.
    :idea: What you amigos need is a 21' daytona with a blown 540 so you can get the word out a little quicker on busy weekends... :messedup:

n8dawg
    a rag.
    I got out of the lagoon at lost lake and hit the gas.... nothing! Limped it back in pulled the cover off reached down and pulled the rag out that I left in there while doing some work on the bottom.
    Now that rag stays with me in the boat...what for? I dont know!

Boatcop
    :idea: What you amigos need is a 21' daytona with a blown 540 so you can get the word out a little quicker on busy weekends... :messedup:
    Actually we've got the fastest things on the River.
    They're made by Motorola.

Yarder
    At Bartlett Lake last year I got a kid's thong shoe in the pump.....thankfully no kid was attached to it....
    I've found numerous golf balls on the sand bars north of the I-10 bridge, mostly by the river flow sensors...I've also seen the boys in blue down by Blythe hit the rocks coming in the Rivera Campground's marina one afternoon..... There were shouts for a field sobriety test of the driver..... Quite comical..

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123