Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Park Moabi launch.....

TheLurker
    Needles Marina Park will be plenty deep enough. That’s where I launch. It may be deep enough up by you but I get nervous going up river as I pass Rainbow Resort and never go past the house with all of those palm trees on the Cali side with that big reef in the water out front of them.

parker1356
    Just called Park Moabi, they will open the launch ramp Memorial Weekend. They said to call ahead to make sure.

Coach
    You can launch at Topac as well. The ramp is steep and you can't see the boat for part of the launch, but is is closer than Needles. BTW Topac is much better than before with the new owners. The service was actually good and so was the food. Gas prices not so good $3.75 2 weeks ago.

tmatson
    I'd vote to get rid of the curbs. Slows down the folks not use to them and as often as not they result in the people being so out of alignment that they block the adjacent lane once they get out from between the curbs on the water side. After all it is all about getting on and off the ramp quickly.

TheLurker
    You can launch at Topac as well. The ramp is steep and you can't see the boat for part of the launch, but is is closer than Needles.
    Now that depends on which direction you are comming from.
    BTW Topac is much better than before with the new owners. The service was actually good and so was the food.
    My experience was the opposite. We ordered from the breakfast menu because the owner said they were not serving lunch yet. It took so long to get the order that we could have ordered lunch. It was a verry verry long wate. So long that I started thinking the cook did not show up on time. The owner knew it we were talking to him the whole time. Then 1 of the 7 meals that was ordered they forgot to make ooops. The wife says since they have not made it yet change it to a burger. The girl says OK then comes back and says they just started the other order.
    I dont expect much in the way of food or service from there.
    After all it is just a place on the river but it was a bad experience none the less. At this point it will still take a few more of those before I stop going in.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12