Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: California Gun Laws

Wicky
    Is it still cosidered concealed if it is locked in a case without any ammo in the case?
    Concealed up here is considered loaded and hidden out of site whether that is on the person or property. I can carry my loaded gun in my pocket out of site anywhere except for a school, bank, or bar.

Wicky
    Only bad guys can carry guns in this state. :frown:
    Ain't that the truth!!!!

Sherpa
    empty/locking in a gun box is not considered "conceled" in Calif. ammo must
    always be stored separate from firearm no matter what. (unless you actually
    DO have a conceled permit for Calif.)
    I'd say store the gun behind the pickup seat, with the ammo stored in a box/
    container/bagged separate from the gun(s).......
    or if it's not raining, keep the ammo and gun in the bed while traveling, put
    em back in the cab if you stop for food or whatever.
    As for the gun racks, and kids pickups at school, etc, that was me back in
    the late 70's while duck season, pheasant season, etc... never any probs
    back then, but ALOT of shit has happened since then...... the first BIG
    issue was when that A_hole shot up the school in Stockton years ago.
    That is what started alot of the gun laws we have here now.....
    --Sherpa

Ultrafied
    I would be very discriminating in the selection of your "arsenal" in which to carry in your vehicle. Most law, liberal or conservative, take a dim view of it here. For that matter, you might as well get used to a lot of differences between here and Idaho.

mickeyfinn
    Every time I read about the Cal. gun laws I wonder why anyone has anything left. Seems like the bad guys are empowered to take whatever they want. I have said this before but you need a law like one of the cities here in Georgia passed. The results are posted below and a copy of the law after that.
    The law gives people an out if they choose not to participate and as far as I know there has never been anyone prosecuted for not owning a gun, but it does send a definite message to the criminal.
    Crime Statistic Comparison
    City of Kennesaw 1981(Pre-Gun Law)
    Population: 5,242
    Burglaries: (per 100,000 pop): 1,026
    Total Part 1 Crimes: (per 100,000): 4,332
    City of Kennesaw 1982(Post Gun Law)
    Population: 5,308
    Burglaries: (per 100,000 pop): 665
    Total Part 1 Crimes: (per 100,000): 3,135
    City of Kennesaw 2002
    Population: 22,664
    Burglaries (per 100,000): 264
    Total Part 1 Crimes (per 100,000): 2,345
    U.S. Average 2002
    Burglaries (per 100,000): 746
    Total Part 1 Crimes (per 100,000): 4,118
    City of Kennesaw 2003
    Population: 25,183
    Burglaries (per 100,000): 353
    Total Part 1 Crimes (per 100,000): 2,438
    U.S. Average 2003
    Burglaries (per 100,000): 740
    Total Part 1 Crimes (per 100,000): 4,063
    Summary: Although the population of the City of Kennesaw and surrounding area has increased dramatically since 1981, on a per capita basis crimes rates were actually lower in 2002 than in 1981. It is also noted that crimes involving the use of a firearm are less than 2% of the total crimes reported.
    Note: To control for population differences and make descriptions and make comparisons between jurisdictions more accurate and meaningful, index crimes are reported at the rate per 100,000 persons.
    Part 1 crimes consist of: Murder, Non-Negligent Manslaughter, Rape, Robbery, Aggravated Assault, Burglary, Larceny, Auto Theft and Arson.
    ************************************************** ******** The law reads:
    Sec. 34-1 Heads of households to maintain firearms.
    (a) In order to provide for the emergency management of the City, and further in order to provide for and protect the safety, security and general welfare of the city and its inhabitants, every head of household residing in the City limits is required to maintain a firearm, together with ammunition therefore.
    (b) Exempt from the effect of this section are those heads of households who suffer a physical or mental disability, which would prohibit them from using such a firearm. Further exempt from the effect of this section are those heads of households who are paupers or who conscientiously oppose maintaining firearms as a result of beliefs or religious doctrine, or persons convicted of a felony.

Wicky
    empty/locking in a gun box is not considered "conceled" in Calif. ammo must
    always be stored separate from firearm no matter what. (unless you actually
    DO have a conceled permit for Calif.)
    I'd say store the gun behind the pickup seat, with the ammo stored in a box/
    container/bagged separate from the gun(s).......
    or if it's not raining, keep the ammo and gun in the bed while traveling, put
    em back in the cab if you stop for food or whatever.
    As for the gun racks, and kids pickups at school, etc, that was me back in
    the late 70's while duck season, pheasant season, etc... never any probs
    back then, but ALOT of shit has happened since then...... the first BIG
    issue was when that A_hole shot up the school in Stockton years ago.
    That is what started alot of the gun laws we have here now.....
    --Sherpa
    Thanks Sherpa!!

coolchange
    My home is California now and I'm bringing my arsenal!!! I was just given a home in Claremont!!! I heard it is next to Pomona. I see Pomona on the show Cops every other weekend. I think everyone who lives in Pomona needs a gun to protect themselves. Crime would definitely go down.
    Everyone in Pomona HAS a gun! So you're movin here and just bringin dirt bikes and guns?
    So you're leavin Idaho to move to Clairemont. Any polls as to how long thats gonna last? Lets see, Livin in the Hood, or sell the crib and buy a ranch in Idaho? :hammer2:

77charger
    Just curious what I can and can't do. I thought maybe some of you LE guys could help me out. I have a truck. No trunk to lock anything in. PBOcop just told me I couldn't have a gun in my truck in Cali period.
    Quite the opposite here in Idaho. You go to the local high schools and most trucks have gun racks with guns in them during hunting season. You'd be bansished forever from school in Cali for that.
    Thanks ahead of time,
    Wicky
    pm lowriver the laws here suck basic rundown.rifles ok in truck as long as no ammo attached or it is loaded,So called assualt weapons and handguns must be in locked container/bag.ammo must be separate from gun in a truck as long as both are out of reach.

Kindsvater Flat
    My .40 sig is loaded with a round chambered in my pickup. It never leaves there. My .223 encore is under the back seat unloaded in a soft case with ammo in the glove box. I have never had a problem with the .223 being in there. The .40 is on my permit. I will not drive into San Francisco with any handgun. Permits are not valid there.
    Calif (http://www.packing.org/state/index.jsp/california) Then hit I agree

PBOCOP
    Moving to PTown !! I like it.
    Just rolled in from Havasu. Great weekend. Bought a new Yukon Denali and drove the boat this weekend too. What a great combo. That boat is so awesome, no stress, smooth ride, and perfect speed for me. Nothing to clean too. I can't even find anything to wipe down during the day !! Crazy.
    What an awesome day Saturday. 90 degrees, got some sun !!
    Going to Cabo for a week beginning of June, then big river trip June 25th weekend. See ya then !!
    Good luck with a gun permit in So Cal. They just don't issue them, unless something unusual.
    Pomona is a beautiful town !! Come visit it sometime !! ha !!
    PBO

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast