Thread: I need more room on my terminal block!

Hollis
    Is there an extra long terminal block available...?

Wicked Performance Boats
    Are there that many people dying on your block, that you need a bigger block???? j/k Make a sub panel under the dash or transom. Just make sure the red power wire is heavy enough to take the load. Budlight

cyclone
    Disco- there is a really good electronics store in Fullerton called, Orvac Electronics. It has just what you are looking for. Terminal blocks with up to 15 terminals. Its located on Orangethorpe between State College and Lemon streets. Dont have the number but I'm sure you could find it on the web. Prices are cheap too.

Hollis, I did what you are looking to do. West Marine has a terminal strip that has 2 more terminals than the standard jet boat terminal strip. Cost about $10, I think.

Hollis
    Great, I have the catalogue...I'll check. Thanx

cruser
    Budlight
    I am sure you know this but for those who don't.
    Don't forget to update the size of the ground wire while you are replacing the power wire. Remember, all the current that goes through the power wire must return through the ground. The ground is just as suceptible to IR loss as the power wire is.

tahitijet
    i Did what budlight mentioned.. I needed a a few extra spots so i had one on the transom and a sub panel under the dash. the panel under the dash also contains all the fuses for the hole boat so it makes for simple quick replacment if needed.

Nubbs
    McMaster-Carr has terminal blocks. McMaster (www.mcmaster.com)

Cas
    have a Home Depot nearby? I bought a 10 terminal block at a local HD here and while looking, they had a couple bigger and a couple of smaller ones. They were in the phone section in this one.