Thread: XR Drive

LUVNLIFE
    What exactly is differant on the XR than on a reg Bravo? How much power can you put in front of them and be safe? Thanks in advance. Cale

77charger
    i believe it is bigger gears on the upper end.Maybe HH will add his advice on this drive.

Havasu Hangin'
    Over the Bravo, the XR has a bigger propshaft, u-joints, and stronger upper gears.
    How much HP depends on how you drive. 50 HP is safe...anything above that will depend on how you treat it.
    :wink:

LUVNLIFE
    50 horsepower I know you meant 500 though. I'm easy out of the hole so hopefully that will help with 625- 650. So it's just beefier parts to fix the already common failures? How about if it breaks are there parts available to beef it up more?

Havasu Hangin'
    50 horsepower I know you meant 500 though. I'm easy out of the hole so hopefully that will help with 625- 650. So it's just beefier parts to fix the already common failures? How about if it breaks are there parts available to beef it up more?
    No, I actually meant 50HP. Anything above that can probably be broken by a loose nut on the steering wheel.
    Guys have blown them up with stock 496's, and some last awhile behind 1,000+ HP...it really depends on how you take care of it. I think 650HP should be OK...just don't hammer it out of the hole, and back off of the prop comes out of the water.
    The XR was made to address the most common failures.
    Companies like Max Machine Worx makes parts like billet caps, hardened gearsets, etc...but the Bravo design is limited by the case size.

spectras only

LUVNLIFE
    No, I actually meant 50HP. Anything above that can probably be broken by a loose nut on the steering wheel.
    Guys have blown them up with stock 496's, and some last awhile behind 1,000+ HP...it really depends on how you take care of it. I think 650HP should be OK...just don't hammer it out of the hole, and back off of the prop comes out of the water.
    The XR was made to address the most common failures.
    Companies like Max Machine Worx makes parts like billet caps, hardened gearsets, etc...but the Bravo design is limited by the case size.
    Ahhh the loose nut on the steering wheel. That's okay the Mrs. keeps that one tight Thanks for the info. Just as long as there are more parts available. Cale

LUVNLIFE
    More info found here >http://www.perfprotech.com/Portal2/s...CategoryID=268
    Thanks for the link. It's in the favs now. Cale