Thread: droop snoot blues

roostinyahoo
    Does any one know if it is possible to put a droop snoot on a berkley 12JF pump? I have been told it is not possible. However, I don't see why you can't bolt up a 12JG bowl along with a place diverter and the snoot. Will this work? I was also told that I may run into steering linkage problems. Why so?

rstover1
    I've never heard of a 12 jf but there is a 12je that dosent have a split bowl I seen a conversion that uses a 9 vane aggressor bowl with droop or extension. Give me your e mail address and I'll send pics also you have to go to transom mounted stering.

kingb36
    A 12JF is the same as a 12JE but with a factory installed trimable nozzle. Its a one piece bowl so it is not possible to put on a droop snoot. I have heard of someone cutting & rewelding the bowl but it hardly seems worth the effort. JE & JF'S have a unique steering linkage so you will need to change it if you go to a JG bowl.This was also available from Berkley as a conversion kit #0203-B-07460 so you will see some pumps with data plates showing JE with trimable steering also, usually these have Trim-a-just
    electric cable operated trim device.
    hope this helps
    bill

roostinyahoo
    Yeah, that would be a big help. My e-mail add. is: gracer@2xtreme.net The transom mounted steer isn't a big deal. I hope I can make it work.
    Originally posted by rstover1:
    I've never heard of a 12 jf but there is a 12je that dosent have a split bowl I seen a conversion that uses a 9 vane aggressor bowl with droop or extension. Give me your e mail address and I'll send pics also you have to go to transom mounted stering.

roostinyahoo
    oops